spalted mable se's ... beautiful but where in usa

steveblue

These special run edition PRS guitars that use spalted mable tops are available in Santana, custom 24 and others SE models are beautiful and fair priced. But I can not find a store who has them in stock in the US.

This how great they look:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SECust24SNA/

Natural and tinted yellow.

Sweetwater won't get another supply till Fall. I see them UK sites but not in major US store/sites. Anyone know where to buy them. Preferably where I can see the specific guitar given the unique nature of the spalted Mable top.

They are beautiful. And for nature lover (love to see grain) one would be great brother to my ash strat.

Thanks in advance ... I tried most of the standard fair priced PRS typical stores I know of. Somewhere please.... Help.

Bowtiefantic ... Are you saying you saw one for purchase in CO, if so what store?

Bowtiefantic ... Are you saying you saw one for purchase in CO, if so what store?

I'm guessing it's probably Spotlight Music in Fort Collins-- they're the only ones that keep a bunch of PRSi in stock, moreso than the GC down the street.

According to their website, they have at least 18 of them, of a limited edition of 25 or 38, depending on which bit of documentation you believe. But they're all blue.

Here's an example:

http://www.spotlightmusicstore.com/...-spalted-maple-top-sapphire-blue-1-of-38.html

LTigh nailed it. They have a nice wall of SE's. I always stop in when I am up there for work. I will say that the Spalted one I saw looked different from the picture on the site. It had very similar grain to the sweet water one, but again blue in color.

Last edited:
thanks - a stash of 20 spalted found in a few hours at a reputable store by asking you guys (I spent longer than that looking myself) . still ... blue sapphire? I am trying to like them but - I do not know - seems to make it less natural wood-y and more furniture design-y (MHO). I will keep looking, or wait to see if sweetwater comes through with another order at the end of the summer (late Sept-Oct). And of course check back here every day to see if anyone found to flock of them flying in formation somewhere. Wish you could call prs direct on this stuff (Where have you sent out a shipment of se natural or yellow spalted mables recently?).
[h=5][/h]

Well, doing online research galore, I got lucky and found one person selling one of the guitars on ebay from the very sweetwater exclusive made patch of santana yellow spalted maple SEs I was in love with - complete with the sweetwater inspection card and case (bag) items. So been waiting for days but then with 9 seconds left in the bid I swooped in a bought this for $610 a few minutes ago. Fingers cross it is a good player ( had some email correspondence with the owner so have some assurances). I will repost a better pix when it is in greedy little hands. Now I have to sell my older se santana II (upgraded with dragon IIs) and a mex strat ( w/ bill lawrence pickups), so my wife does not kill me for buying a 4th guitar. This and my natural ash USA strat (!!wood grain!! and whammy bars all around now) should keep me happy for a while. Thanks for all the advice. steveblue

%2524_57ccw.jpg

Back