Space Guitar!

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
So for whatever reason, I have always wanted a silvery sparkly axe...for whatever reason my mind associates them with 50s sci-fi, so it's an irrational geek-want. I have seen a few Core Standards over the years, but never bit the bullet.

When I saw the SE Standards were being offered in Platinum, I knew it was only a matter of time.

Ladies and Germs, I present to you...SPACE GUITAR:

IB01558-angle-large_zpsi2aripaj.jpg

IB01558-front-large_zpss5xzq1rg.jpg

Although discussing new guitar prices is against the rules, I can tell you that I got this brand new, no tax, free shipping with gig bag etc. for GC-beater used Korean SE pricing. And you know what? It's AWESOME. I have only a few older SEs leff (SE EGs and Soapy Semis) so it's been awhile since I had an SE 24-fretter. This thing ROCKS. Were it not for the "PT WIldwood" decal on the back of the headstock, you would never know it was not a Korean SE. It's a bit of a porker @ 7lbs 10oz but I kinda like having a big solid slab-o-hog for this particular axe. She sings for days, and the splits sound quite good as well. No finish or setup issues. Fake birds look pearly enough. Neck feel perfect, seems a tad beefier than what I remember the WTs being, but I like it. No dead spots. My only niggle is that the 3-way blade feels a bit flimsier than I remember it being, but that is a minor complaint, and easily rectifiable. I've got a set of Grover 406C mini-rotomatics just waiting for a quick drop-in. May consider a Mann-Made brass block and some USA saddles, but not just yet.

For this price, seriously folks, you ain't gonna beat it. This is one hell of a bargain. SPACE GUITAR!!!

I like the silver......I managed to pickup three very different Hamer USA guitars in the harder to find Silver Sparkle finish. They are a kick. Have fun!

Let sustain to the stratosphere
this is one heck of a PRS rocket to raucous tone
Congrats and enjoy

I was just peeking around the used inventory on GC.com and saw one of the old SE Custom Semi-hollows, but it was this sparkle silver color and had a bigsby. Sergio, did you lose something?

I was just peeking around the used inventory on GC.com and saw one of the old SE Custom Semi-hollows, but it was this sparkle silver color and had a bigsby. Sergio, did you lose something?

Oh snap! I want one of those!

And we have lift off Houston, the bird is flying mighty fine.
Really great looking guitar!

Thanks! The photos don't do it justice...it does not have those huge flecks like the Bigsby-laden SE semis, but it does have what I would consider auto paint sized flecks in the silver - so it's alot more shiny in -person than the glamour shots suggest.

Now...under the screwdriver for some Mini-rotofication...

Back