Sonzera 20 Question

LarsonLE

I just bought a used Sonzera 20, I am pretty certain it is the V2, the newer upraded version. From looking at the serial number it looks like it was made in 01/22, does that sound right? It sounds incredible. There is just one small thing and that is the slight noise/hum from the amp even when the volume knobs are at 0. Anyone having this issue too?

I can’t swear when the new model started, but PRS can verify. I just know that the V2 demo’s I’ve heard ALL sounded GREAT so congrats on the amp. And, it’s probably a noisy tube.

I can’t swear when the new model started, but PRS can verify. I just know that the V2 demo’s I’ve heard ALL sounded GREAT so congrats on the amp. And, it’s probably a noisy tube.
Tried installing new tubes and checking the power tube bias to make sure the tubes were matched and they were and I still got hum.

Is the hum audible even without a guitar? Have you tried in a different electrical outlet or in different locations? Hum is often caused by a faulty ground loop or cable, interference from nearby electronic devices, neon lights, etc. Good luck, great amp!

I looked on the forums and it seems some people have identified that reverb is the cause, try turning it off to see if you still hear the buzzing..!?

I tried a new outlet, tried turning off all the lights and even unplugging the internet modem/router in case that was giving issues with the bandwidths and whatnot (not sure if that's even a possibility but just wanted to be sure), and the hum is still there.

just saw your latest post about the reverb, and even with it off the hum is still there. i did notice something new and that is when the presence knob is turned from 0 all the way on, it does add an additional hum / hiss, but that's not super important i don't think at the moment.

The hum is present even with the standby switch engaged on, meaning no guitar signal, however when the standby switch is turned off, the hiss gets slightly louder.

Make sure to turn the volume on in the imgur link here. The button to click it is at the top right of the video.

Also, plugging a guitar cable into the effects loop increases the hum

Last edited:
I tried a new outlet, tried turning off all the lights and even unplugging the internet modem/router in case that was giving issues with the bandwidths and whatnot (not sure if that's even a possibility but just wanted to be sure), and the hum is still there.

just saw your latest post about the reverb, and even with it off the hum is still there. i did notice something new and that is when the presence knob is turned from 0 all the way on, it does add an additional hum / hiss, but that's not super important i don't think at the moment.

The hum is present even with the standby switch engaged on, meaning no guitar signal, however when the standby switch is turned off, the hiss gets slightly louder.

Make sure to turn the volume on in the imgur link here. The button to click it is at the top right of the video.

Also, plugging a guitar cable into the effects loop increases the hum

This is definitely a problem to list, look at this link, they talk about it, maybe you will find some answers.

This is definitely a problem to list, look at this link, they talk about it, maybe you will find some answers.

Thx for that.

Back