grantusmcgrant

The odds of this are pretty wild but the brand new Sonzera 20 combo I ordered this week, turned up with the reverb function dead on arrival. The store I bought it from in Sydney were going to take weeks to replace it (even though they had more stock) so I ended up purchasing another new Sonzera from them to get it sorted faster, whilst they organised a refund.

It turned up yesterday and just like Michael Bluth, I don't know what I expected. The reverb was dead again. Has anyone else experienced this? The serial numbers are only 2 digits apart so maybe it's from a bad batch? It's such a great amp outside but so frustrating to cop two bad ones in a row.

I have to assume you looked for loose wires and tubes ?? , possibly an email to PRS is in order likely something simple like the connection to the reverb is disconnected

The odds of this are pretty wild but the brand new Sonzera 20 combo I ordered this week, turned up with the reverb function dead on arrival. The store I bought it from in Sydney were going to take weeks to replace it (even though they had more stock) so I ended up purchasing another new Sonzera from them to get it sorted faster, whilst they organised a refund.

It turned up yesterday and just like Michael Bluth, I don't know what I expected. The reverb was dead again. Has anyone else experienced this? The serial numbers are only 2 digits apart so maybe it's from a bad batch? It's such a great amp outside but so frustrating to cop two bad ones in a row.
So it turns out it was a simple batch issue that is being addressed by the supplier. Here's their response:

Hello Blank,

First, my apologies for the disappointing experiences you’ve had thus far.

We’ll try to restore your faith in PRS.

We’ve identified a problem with the current batch of reverb tanks fitted to this model. It’s simple, grossly annoying and easily remedied.

The reverb tank manufacturer has managed to internally transpose two wires so that the input signal ends up on the output socket and vice versa.

I don’t understand how a batch with a problem like this got past QA, PRS are usually very strict.

We are working with the good folk at
the Music Store and will ship them a new, fully tested, Sonzera for you.

It will leave here tomorrow morning.

With our best wishes.

Blank"

I'm relieved to see it's a simple solution and that the supplier was quick to deal with. Still wild that it passed inspection but these things happen.

So it turns out it was a simple batch issue that is being addressed by the supplier. Here's their response:

Hello Blank,

First, my apologies for the disappointing experiences you’ve had thus far.

We’ll try to restore your faith in PRS.

We’ve identified a problem with the current batch of reverb tanks fitted to this model. It’s simple, grossly annoying and easily remedied.

The reverb tank manufacturer has managed to internally transpose two wires so that the input signal ends up on the output socket and vice versa.

I don’t understand how a batch with a problem like this got past QA, PRS are usually very strict.

We are working with the good folk at
the Music Store and will ship them a new, fully tested, Sonzera for you.

It will leave here tomorrow morning.

With our best wishes.

Blank"

I'm relieved to see it's a simple solution and that the supplier was quick to deal with. Still wild that it passed inspection but these things happen.
Great outcome!

Those tanks passed two inspections, one at the manufacturer and the other when the amp was built. That is disappointing. I probably would have taken it apart and fixed it myself after they told me what the issue was. Depending on how it is wired in, you may be able to pull a couple of plugs and swap them. I have seen some of these installed with RCA jacks.

Back