Snowy..... THE SE EG PROJECT

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
So I bought one of three EG's up for sale on one of the other PRS Forums last week. It came in (all intact & exactly as-described) Looks very cool with the white & t-shell guard. So....then I did what I always seem to do....I tear it completely apart ! Another pickup maker I just discovered from TGP sent a set over for the GREAT AMERICAN PICKUP SHOOTOUT & I loved 'em so much we talked about what to put in the EG (Snowy) . We went with his "Signature set". These pups are going to surprise a lot of people. VERY unique & full of tone. Not gonna say who makes 'em yet...more later.
I found a USA PRS nut, TonePros locking studs & Jon sold me a PRS USA bridge & Markie gave me an old beat-to-hell BadAss bridge. Can't wait to see which one stays in. I haven't changed the tuners yet. I may not. I had very good luck with the stock SE tuners in my SE One. Maybe these will do the same. I would put pics up now, but I really want the BIG reveal.
This is going to be a totally gig-worthy tone monster. All for very little $$.
I love doing experiments like this one. Anyway, more on this one next week!
Here's a before shot:
EG.jpg

EG-1.jpg

Chris - I've got an identical white SSS, she needs a full rewire because a former owner got a little overzealous with some 500k pots and a soldering iron (serious grounding issue). So may as well replace the pups at the same time - so really anxious to find out how this turns out. Was looking at some BKPs just based upon word of mouth, so I'll stay tuned...

Chris - I've got an identical white SSS, she needs a full rewire because a former owner got a little overzealous with some 500k pots and a soldering iron (serious grounding issue). So may as well replace the pups at the same time - so really anxious to find out how this turns out. Was looking at some BKPs just based upon word of mouth, so I'll stay tuned...
Mine is looking REAL good right now. I wasn't gonna spill the beans on what I'm doing, but here it is:
I replaced the pups with a KILLER Zexcoil "Signature" set. Awesome vintage strat & PAF tones in one guitar.
I put in 2 push-push 500k pots to get all the combos.
Also put TonePros studs on there w/ a PRS USA bridge and a PRS USA nut.
My PRS Phase 2 locking tuna's should be here shortly & the project will be done.
Replaced the black knobs & switch tip with antique white & with the white pups & t-shell guard, this thing looks awesome!
Pics to follow.

Those pickups look awesome...can't wait to hear some sound clips.

Are those bird stickers?

Those pickups look awesome...can't wait to hear some sound clips.

Are those bird stickers?

The pups DO sound amazing. I'll have video soon. And yes, da birds are stickers. I know, I know.....but I like 'em on this one so that's good enough for me. I wanted to pimp this EG to the max, but I couldn't afford real inlays on a $300 gtr!!

I have two, might be getting rid of one, been playing the trem a lot more than the stoptail...and trying to finance an SE soapbar among other things...

THere's a guy on PRSFORUMS that had 3. I got one, Scott got the red one & I think he still has a t-sunburst w/trem & bucker in the bridge. Real cheap!

I got the t-sunburst. Was delivered today!

I got the t-sunburst. Was delivered today!

That was the last one! You guys need to post whatever you do to them. Scott you got the red one. Snowy is getting new PRS tuna's tomorrow & then that one's done. Gonna be killer!!! Kev, if you are looking for some killer single-coils, look into these ZexCoil's. They sound amazing!!

Very nice Chris !! Those pickups definately have me cuious and I like the idea of the push push pots coil tapping. I don't know if this is apropriate or not but I have been wondering if there is any other sites or forums that has people selling or trading parts for prs other than ebay.

Very nice Chris !! Those pickups definately have me cuious and I like the idea of the push push pots coil tapping. I don't know if this is apropriate or not but I have been wondering if there is any other sites or forums that has people selling or trading parts for prs other than ebay.

The forums & Cracklist......I mean Craigslist have been the best spot for me. Vintage Rocker, PRSFORUMS, the Gearpage, TDPI, etc. Join them all. Lots of good info out there & also some great deals on parts.

Back