Slash/Myles Album Doc On AXS-TV

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
FYI - the documentary on the making of the new Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album is going to be on AXS-TV Saturday night at 8 Eastern. They've released a series of YouTube videos during the recording of the album - this should be a more comprehensive overview.

Setting my DVR later - and crossing my fingers for a DVD release because I geek out over this kind of stuff. FWIW, it looks like the Japanese release of the CD will include a DVD with this stuff on it.

Slash Documentary to Air This Saturday, Sept. 20 on AXS TV

September 19, 2014

Ernie Ball is excited to present Real to Reel with Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators this upcoming Saturday, September 20th at 8 p.m. ET on AXS TV.

In this hour-long documentary, Ernie Ball takes viewers beyond the stage and into the studio as legendary guitarist Slash—with collaborators Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators—records his third solo album World on Fire. The all-access pass follows the band through the entire start-to-finish process, from pre-production meetings and recording sessions at NRG Studios in Los Angeles and Studio Barbarossa in Orlando, to the final moment when the album makes its debut in front of a live audience.

This behind-the-scenes look is a must-see for Slash fans! Make sure to tune in this Saturday!

I also like the fact they are old school and went with 2" tape and analog.
Slash is not a fan of Pro Tools and other digital stuff.

I also bought the new MP3 album this morning off of Amazon.
Listened to three of them on the way to Safeway and home again.

I thought it was decent. I feel like there's never enough cool info on these. Like it's just kinda dumbed down. I felt the one that came with the last album was more informative. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching it. Would've just liked more info.

Slash is my top guitarist - good technique, great image, and most importantly.... very musical lines.

Back