Silver Sky Floating Bridge

JBortz

Has anyone set their Silver Sky up with a floating bridge without adding the shims as shown in the PRS video? Took it to my local luthier and he said the shims are not necessary. Just curious.

Yes you can , you will have less trem travel its how I started just to see if there was really a tone difference ( yes I like it better )
The shim give you the normal PRS height trem height off the body tho I have found them to differ a bit from guitar to guitar ( I have done 3 so far )

I prefer to tighten the tremolo claw screws until I can go 1.5 steps sharp at the 12th fret on the G string.

You can do this yourself. No luthier. No shims. You will be pleased with how it behaves.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Yes you can , you will have less trem travel its how I started just to see if there was really a tone difference ( yes I like it better )
The shim give you the normal PRS height trem height off the body tho I have found them to differ a bit from guitar to guitar ( I have done 3 so far )
I prefer to tighten the tremolo claw screws until I can go 1.5 steps sharp at the 12th fret on the G string.

You can do this yourself. No luthier. No shims. You will be pleased with how it behaves.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
thanks. I appreciate the info

Thanks for the information. I’m gonna let him set it up then

Back