Silver sky and American Professional Strat

I had both, ended up selling the American Pro Strat and bought a HSS American Ultra Strat which pairs nicely with the Silver Sky. I also have the oddball Parallel Universe Jazz Strat which is very different all together. I love them all but if I had to choose 1 it would easily be the Silver Sky. But since I don’t have to choose 1, I’m leaning toward adding an American Pro II in Miami Blue. I prefer the subtle changes to the rolled fingerboard edges and the Vmod pups over the original AmPro. And Miami Blue is my favorite Porsche color...

My strat does have a humbucker in the bridge. It came that way. Were I you I'd consider that option.
The in between position of the bridge and middle pup sound really good.

Unfortunately it sounds like this is going to take some time. You are going to have to sit on both of them because as soon as you move one you will regret it. Eventually, it will be normal to have both and you will warm up to the idea of having similar guitars. Then the right humbucker guitar will come along and then you will have all three. You will eventually quit rationalizing and that will just be the way things are. You have a lot of guitars.

Maybe try swapping a different set of pickups into the SS and see if you can get it to sound more like the Strat?

To me, the SS as a whole sounds deeper and not as glassy on top as most Strats. While I fully recognize that pickups aren’t the only thing that influence tone, I do remember Paul saying in a video that the SS pickups were the start of the TCI concept, and they’re tuned to have a significant shift toward low emphasis. So a more “standard” set of single coils may be helpful in the SS, and you can have it all, the feel and tone. Just don’t sell those SS pickups in case you ever want to move the guitar!*

*Unless you sell them to me ;)

Duncan Hot Rails gave me the best of both worlds with my Strat, the neck tone I love and the humbucker it desperately needed to replace the stock ice pick in the bridge. The nice thing is there's no mods needed to the pickguard or routing, it's literally a 10-15 minute drop in job.

Duncan Hot Rails gave me the best of both worlds with my Strat, the neck tone I love and the humbucker it desperately needed to replace the stock ice pick in the bridge. The nice thing is there's no mods needed to the pickguard or routing, it's literally a 10-15 minute drop in job.
The “Little 59” is very popular for the bridge position of strats as well.

Back