Shall We Play A Game?

JustRob

Zombie Six, DFZ
wargames-website_zpskwyzdqnc.png

Joshua says it's going to be 'Guess My PS'.

All you have to do is match my choices on 40 options. (Some of them may be N/A) 1st one with the most matches wins. Cutoff date will probably be mid November, or if someone matches all 40. In case of a tie, post date or edited date will decide the winner.

What do you win? I will make a trip to the factory store for you and pick up your choice of shirt, strings and whatever other goodies I can find of your choosing and ship them to you.

Blood Brothers are prohibited from this contest as they may have an unfair advantage.

PS%20Blank_zpsnm81ubfa.jpg

So make your choices 1-40, and good luck!

I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd get me goodies from the PRS store! Very Bangin'! contest, Rob!

If you piss on a spark plug you win. I'll just send you the $100. But seriously, please don't!

Hmm.. Do I need video proof to win, or will a copy of the ER bill for a burned urethra be enough? Eww. I'll stop now. :vroam:

I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd get me goodies from the PRS store! Very Bangin'! contest, Rob!

See, Sergio could pull something like this off. Me? My eyes are too bad - I wouldn't be able to see the spark plug given how far back I'd have to stand. I'd have to split the $100 with a spotter.

1-PS DGT Semi-hollow
2-Quilt Maple
3-Honduran Flamed Mahogany
4-JustRob Purple
5-Natural
6-Natural
7-Scraped Maple binding
8-Gloss Nitro
9-Ribbon Mahogany
10-Ebony
11-Flame maple binding
12-Flame maple binding
13-25"
14-MOP
15-Some kinda purple sh!t.
16-none
17-yes
18-11"
19-DGT
20-22
21-W/T
22-Matching quilt maple
23-MOP
24-Some purple sh!t
25-abalone
26-none
27-Phase III
28-Maple
29-85/15
30-Tremonti
31-Black/none
32-DGT
33-Hybrid
34-Gen 3 trem.
35-.10
36- Ebony with #1 inlayed in matching purple sh!t.
37- Matching mahogany
38-Black Paisley case with purple interior.
39- Clear lampshades sprayed purple
40- Black.

Whew! I just made $100 in PRS Store merchandise in less than an hour! Sure beats making $85 an hour at home with Google plus.

Thanks Sergio. I kind of gave up on this I realized how daunting it would be.

So far your winning as the only participant. I'm now regretting that my fancy PS paperwork isn't actually going to say "Some Purple ****", but you're very close.

I've decided to reduce the choices and the time. I'm thinking about heading to the factory at the end of Oct. so I decide a winner in 2 weeks on Oct. 23rd.

Here's the reduced choices.

image001_zpsec36rdwh.png

I'll transfer your choices Sergio, and in case of a tie, you get some bonus points for filling out all that crap.

Aww.. I didn't mean "Some purple ****" in a bad way. I just couldn't find a listing for what inlay material would be closest to purple. I love purple.

Aww.. I didn't mean "Some purple ****" in a bad way. I just couldn't find a listing for what inlay material would be closest to purple. I love purple.

No offense taken! I'm serious. It would fit my sense of humor. I'm bummed I didn't think of it. And yes, inlay material was my biggest struggle.

1. McCarty semi-hollow
2. Purple amethyst
3. Mahogany
4. Cocobolo
5. None
6. None
7. Gold
8. Paua
9. 22
10. WT
11. Cocobolo
12. Gold
13. Paua
14. 59/09
15. 59/09
16. Trem
17. Gold paisley/purple

Last edited:
Model: P245 Semi-Hollow
Top Color: Aquaviolet
Neck Wood: Maple stained Ultraviolet
Fingerboard Wood: Maple stained Ultraviolet
Headstock binding: Ebony
Neck Binding: Ebony
Fingerboard Inlay Outlines: Opal
Fingerboard Inlay Centers: Maple stained Aquaviolet
# of Frets: 22
Neck Shape: Modeled after the calves of Anna Kournikova in her prime
Veneer Wood: Burly maple
Veneer Inlay Outline: Smiley Face
Veneer Inlay Center: Yellow
Bass Pickup: 85/15 Bass
Treble Pickup: 58/15 Treble
Bridge: Ghost Piezo in black
Exterior Case: Black Paisley
Interior Case: Regular Paisley covering up that awful blue interior

Very cool contest Rob! Good luck to the winner! Everyone on this board should be throwin' out guesses just for the chance at free PRS swag - c'mon guys, whatcha got to lose???

We have a winner! And he didn't even have to wet a spark plug.

Congrats Sergio!

Since there were only two other entries I will be awarding 2nd and 3rd place prizes also.

Here's how it went down. Partial credit was awarded if I felt the answers were "close enough".

Contest%20Final_zps5uz7ebyi.jpg

Yay, I got one thing right!

Fuchsia is an excellent choice. (as is everything else, of course, since you picked 'em for you)

Last edited:
Funny thing is that I'm not sure I would've won by that much even though I was there :D I remembered the minor details, but not the specifics! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Gonna be rockin' fo shizzle.

Yay, I got one thing right!

Fuchsia is an excellent choice. (as is everything else, of course, since you picked 'em for you)

I really liked some of your suggestions. Almost made me wish I built the guitar off of a poll.

Oh my god! 24 fret semi hollow Mac? Bangin'!

Thanks Serg! I can't wait to see if it turns out like I imagined.

Funny thing is that I'm not sure I would've won by that much even though I was there :D I remembered the minor details, but not the specifics!

:rofl: Sadly, me too. At 1st look I thought Rugerpc ran away with it. I had to check the spreadsheet. Can't wait to see that killer top on yours all done up.

Back