SE Paul Allender Ghost Burst w/mods. Check it out!

Vader

Here's what I've done.

Fret level, crown and polish.
New nut. It had some other aftermarket nut on it when I got it.
Core pickup rings and screws. I don't like the big chrome pickup screws the SE's come with.

Enjoy!

OD0gJ6j.jpg

vUL1Gbl.jpg

UINsGcR.jpg

G5q1CYv.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice, really good pics too. Did you get the parts from PRS or elsewhere?

Very cool. Were the EMGs stock on Allenders at that time? I (well, technically my wife owns it) have one of the early purple quilt gold hardware versions and am suddenly having an urge to pull it out and play it.

Very cool. Were the EMGs stock on Allenders at that time? I (well, technically my wife owns it) have one of the early purple quilt gold hardware versions and am suddenly having an urge to pull it out and play it.
Yes, this guitar came with an EMG 81TW and an EMG 89, both of which are splittable. The switch to EMG's was around '09 or '10. This version is a '14 and it was the last year of production and the only year for this color.

Last edited:
Thank you! Some years ago I got tired of taking my guitars to people who did crappy jobs or didn't do what they said they would. So I bought all the tools to do fretwork and taught myself.

A case of “that was not the luthier you were looking for”.

That is some sweet fretwork, but you don’t need me to tell you that!

A case of “that was not the luthier you were looking for”.

That is some sweet fretwork, but you don’t need me to tell you that!

Right! I grew up working on cars so I figured it can’t be *that* hard. It wasn’t! I highly recommend every player learning how to level and dress frets. There is simply no better ‘mod’ you can do to a guitar to improve its sound and playability.

Back