SE Marty Friedman

GS1

I have been trying to find as much info about the new SE Marty Friedman that I can, and had a few questions for the resident PRS experts! I would eventually like something that would complement my B. Marsden that is a little more heavy rock/metal oriented as opposed to maybe blues leaning. I love the Marsden, and plan on keeping it for sure. I suppose not a lot of people have heard one yet, but on paper, it seems like what I am after. So, any thoughts for me? Who knows, maybe it won't be different enough to own both (but I am pretty sure the crowd around here would have no problem recommending another guitar!) Also, anyone know when they are being released?

I'm very interested on the new SE Marty Friedman too but I couldn't find nothing as far as a release date concern, anyone know about it ?

To me it looks like a Tremonti SE with the added benefit of the adjustable stoptail (which is a big +1) and a maple top (the tremonti se regular is just plain mahogany, isn't it?)
But the star inlays... they look quite meh.
I'd get a regular SE245 over this in a heartbeat.
The tremonti se custom would kill for your rock/metal purposes.

Alternatively, if you're not too fond on singlecut models, I'd consider a custom24 se. They are improving from time to time, they have now bevelled tops, bird inlays, good tremolos, great features. Can't go wrong.

AND, there's a guitar that I'd personally buy if I ever need a singlecut: the thomann limited SE245 in tobacco with the USA adjustable stoptail ( http://www.thomann.de/it/prs_se_245_mts_60th_anniversary.htm )

At that price, is a steal!

Just a public service announcement: Sweetwater sent me a note that these are now in stock. I am no longer in the market for one now that I have my Mira, but figured there might be someone out there interested.

To me it looks like a Tremonti SE with the added benefit of the adjustable stoptail (which is a big +1) and a maple top (the tremonti se regular is just plain mahogany, isn't it?)
But the star inlays... they look quite meh.
I'd get a regular SE245 over this in a heartbeat.
The tremonti se custom would kill for your rock/metal purposes.

Alternatively, if you're not too fond on singlecut models, I'd consider a custom24 se. They are improving from time to time, they have now bevelled tops, bird inlays, good tremolos, great features. Can't go wrong.

AND, there's a guitar that I'd personally buy if I ever need a singlecut: the thomann limited SE245 in tobacco with the USA adjustable stoptail ( http://www.thomann.de/it/prs_se_245_mts_60th_anniversary.htm )

At that price, is a steal!

Hmmmm. ... This has thrown a real spanner in the works! I was all set to get a marty prs until I saw this. Now I'm in two minds. Essentially the same guitar but minor differences and cosmetically different.... and I do already have a black guitar.

Hello everyone,
I just bought myself the MF SE and haven't regretted it for a second. At first I had my doubts concerning the stars, too, but after seeing them "live" in front of me, the doubts where gone, Very beautiful making it somehow special not having the birds like all others. I love the thick sustained sound of this guitar, even though I'll probably be replacing the pups in a long run. They are missing a little output and bite in the higher frequencies.
I also compared it to an regular SE245, but the MF SE convinced me in sound, features ( e.g.adjustable stoptail) and look.

If you have any questions I might could answer, feel free to ask. :)

David

Last edited:
MF_zps14d72916.jpg

here a quick picture of the SE MF

Any updates on this model? Wasn't familiar with it until now. Pretty simple look and design. Are these different pickups from the 245? I had one of those, a bit bland tonally. But these can be changed. Otherwise I like the look a lot, cool bridge, even like the stars on the fretboard.

Back