SE Hollowbody Standard has arrived ....family photos too

DogPhishHead

The guitar is so well crafted, notes sustain, fret board is effortless, fit and finish top notch. The tones are deep with a nice top end clarity, I’m still dialing in the pups to get a nice bounce in the middle position. It sings through the Mesa’s drive channel and purrs nicely with my AC Booster. It’s mellower than my McCarty (57/08s in her) and not the forward assault beast that the SE Paul’s Guitar is (my 20 year old son has taken a liking to this one). I’m impressed and pleased with my new gal. Amber lamp shades matched perfect with the finish. Next week I’ll put some NYXLs on her, like the others sport.

wFkujHz.jpg

Rs8f7nv.jpg

I do believe my guitar is the same one used on the PRS website for the photos. The grain pattern is an exact match.

Now the family pic....next post as I’m getting error messages with this post.

Two years ago, this was my collection, all sold off now.

21753103_10214415665814824_2182181377943562418_o.jpg

8sE1N2Y

I couldn't deal with Fender necks and vintage frets and the DGT funded a 20th anniversary ring for my wonderful wife.

and now, my PRS family pic, all wide fat necks, not a one over 7.2 pounds, love them and Paul for his dedication to quality, toneful guitars.

Ok2LKUh.jpg

Last edited:
Yours looks like mine, a truly beautiful guitar. I will never stop being amazed at the quality of PRS guitars across the board. That’s why USA cork sniffers make me angry. We all want beautiful quality guitars, and get them from PRS no matter how much we pay. These hollow bodies are a game changer in my book. I grew up playing archtops in college. The depth, size and weight have become a factor after rotator cuff surgeries on both sides and aging in general. The SE Hollowbodies have what my ears hear as the true archtop sound, look amazing, are incredibly well made, and don’t break the bank. And we are the winners.

Congrats! Great lighter weight collection as well! Most of mine are between 7-8lbs with one glaring exception.

Back