SE Custom 24 switch issue in middle position

usersrdum

Hi, new PRS member. I recently purchased a new 2013 SE CU24.
When I put the 3-way switch in the middle position, in either humbucker or coil-tap, the sound gets very thin and lifeless. Sounds fine in position 1 and 3. I pulled the back plate and everything looks soldered very well. Any thoughts?

could be the switch, check for week or loose connections as well as possible pinched wires. .

Maybe someone soldered one pickup out of phase. If they're fine in either neck or bridge and thin in middle that's what I'd look at.

could be the switch, check for week or loose connections as well as possible pinched wires. .

I checked all connections and they look fine. No pinched wires either.

Maybe someone soldered one pickup out of phase. If they're fine in either neck or bridge and thin in middle that's what I'd look at.

I can solder, so I don't have a problem if that's it. But what am I looking at to determine if it's "out of phase"?

I checked all connections and they look fine. No pinched wires either.

I can solder, so I don't have a problem if that's it. But what am I looking at to determine if it's "out of phase"?

Make sure the same color leads are used on the switch from the pickups. North ans south side lugs have the pickup connections(north neck and south bridge). i believe they use black as hot on the se pickups. but I remeber the se wiring to be nuts when I re-did mine to put in SMD pickups. the imports makers like to use wires with a ground in it to grd parts as well as connecting leads to component lugs. Sometimes it can look like a rats nest.

All of that being correct it could still be that one of the pickups are wired wrong inside the pickup. You would have to take the pickups off and take them apart to tell, or just switch the "hot" and "ground" on one of the pickups. Shouldn't matter which one just pick one.

AT YOUR OWN RISK OF COURSE.

Thanks for the help everyone. I took it to another GC in my area and did an exchange.

Back