SE Angelus AE Not coming till next year now?

solacematt

So I just called up Musicians Friend and they said that the model has been pushed from September release to January 2013 now. Seriously what gives :(

Ah that sucks. Oh well - I still think its worth the extra 3 month wait. Can they confirm the street price at least? Id like to know what they will be going for officially .

It does suck . Again, I ordered one this february, no word at all. called my dealer a couple times. First it was april, then june. Now 2013? I was hoping to get the year's worth of strings package. Boooooooo

It does suck . Again, I ordered one this february, no word at all. called my dealer a couple times. First it was april, then june. Now 2013? I was hoping to get the year's worth of strings package. Boooooooo

799 for the Standard and 979 for the Custom. I was told they both came with cases as well. I was hoping to take advantage of the free strings for a year package as well :/ I hate how they keep pshing the release of this guitar. What was the point of teasing us for a full year, they would have been better off not announcing it

I would imagine there has become an issue in production that can't be overcome to get them rolling out consistent guitars at the desired pace. I know it sucks, particularly for those who pre-ordered. But there's got to be a reasonable explanation. I don't think we'll hear what that explanation is until it's solved beyond certainty.

I ordered an SE Angelus Custom from Elderly a couple of days ago without the pickup. I plan on putting in an LR Baggs or Fishman when it comes in. They currently have an SE Angelus Standard with a pickup in stock.

I have #A000091 (Z has #1!!)....Angelus SE Custom without the pickup. I've had it for about 3 months now. It's a great guitar with low action and a fast neck. Don't need the pickup, since I never use it on my other PRS Angelus A/E private stock....this is a great counterpart. I guess they are upcharging about $200 for the custom with the pickup....however, that "standard" price of $799 quoted above appears pretty close to the current price without the pickup.

My SE Custom arrived today! I was a little nervous not having heard or played one before. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it sounded and how effortless it is to play. This is an amazing guitar for only $749.

Back