SCORE! (SE One content)

Why buy a bargain guitar then spend loads of time and cash changing it into something you should have bought in the first place? Individuality is one thing but this is another............

To those who understand, no explanation is needed.

To those who don't, no explanation will suffice...

Why buy a bargain guitar then spend loads of time and cash changing it into something you should have bought in the first place?

If the guitar I "should have bought in the first place" even existed in the first place, I would get your point.

To those who understand, no explanation is needed.

To those who don't, no explanation will suffice...

Yeah. That too. ;)

Individuality is one thing but this is another............

Boy, I bet you are really going to hate this one.

attachment.php

And this one...

IMG_0003_zpsb672e0a4.jpg

And this one...

attachment.php

And this one...

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hans you got to warn a brother before you unleash so much awesome in one post, I've already spent way too many minutes looking (coveting) than I care to admit.

HANS - that narrow 408 looks like it belongs there :)

And agree with justmund, I forgot how much modified badassery you have conspired in - my head damn near exploded. Too cool.

Why buy a bargain guitar then spend loads of time and cash changing it into something you should have bought in the first place? Individuality is one thing but this is another............

Because its his guitar and he can do what he wants with it. If you have an idea in mind that can be accomplished without dropping multiple thousands of $$ by doing what was done here, then I consider that to be frugal in a good way and it gets you exactly what you want.

The great thing about this is it's "his" guitar. By that I mean it represents what he wanted. There is nothing out there like this guitar....nothing.

That SE One looks awesome. I love these threads. Hans constantly reminds me of projects I have in mind and keep putting off. Got to find me a project guitar.

That SE One looks awesome. I love these threads. Hans constantly reminds me of projects I have in mind and keep putting off. Got to find me a project guitar.

GC has a mint used black SE one available for $279.

HANS - that narrow 408 looks like it belongs there :)

Is there any downside tone-wise from departing from the single coil to the humbucker? I am wondering if you lose any of the tone variability and other cool features of a one p90 guitar if you move away from a traditional p90 pickup.

Thanks! Now to figure out if I should tell the wife, or gamble that she won't notice one more guitar.

I have to admit, switching to SE's from high-end US models has made it easier to manage Mama Bear's anger. A $269 NGD like this one is a far cry from a Private Stock. And I have to give credit where credit is due. Paul made life a lot easier on me when he personally thanked her (and Baby Bear too) for putting up with my guitar habit.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;164410 said:
I have to admit, switching to SE's from high-end US models has made it easier to manage Mama Bear's anger. A $269 NGD like this one is a far cry from a Private Stock. And I have to give credit where credit is due. Paul made life a lot easier on me when he personally thanked her (and Baby Bear too) for putting up with my guitar habit.

Right! These things are cheap thrills.

Back