Say you are banished to a desert island and...

I just grab my regular pedalboard that I always use:

zy7jbTn.jpg

Korg tuner > Zoom MS50g > Bogner Red > 2nd Zoom MS50g > Eventide H9.

I did the math, and if I took off the Zooms I’d need six more pedals.

I just grab my regular pedalboard that I always use:

zy7jbTn.jpg

Korg tuner > Zoom MS50g > Bogner Red > 2nd Zoom MS50g > Eventide H9.

I did the math, and if I took off the Zooms I’d need six more pedals.

That setup is pretty slick. The zooms are usually set on phaser and wah?

None, I would simply use the natural acoustics of the island to color my tone.

Natural reverb from the cave I'd have to live in, the crashing waves would give a nice flanging effect, I could even McGyver up some coconuts cut in half, lashed to a stick and wiggled in front of my speaker for a rotating Leslie. It's all ya need.

I know it sounds a bit extreme, but I've just never found an overdrive pedal that I like anywhere near as much as the drive channel on a good amp.

I currently have no less than 4 drive pedals. I could probably make the JHS PG-14 work, it's pretty versatile, would have to remove the EQ I suppose.

You have your favorite PRS with you.

Let’s assume you play blues, rock, country, r&b...

You are assured that the island has accessible power outlets (as well as free drinks and ribeye steaks).

You run back into the house for your empty 7 inch by 16 inch pedal board.

You can only fit 5 small pedals on the board...

Which pedals do you grab?

{come on, play along, I’ve got to thin out my pedal closet. I apparently don’t like any of the pedals I started out with. I don’t even know why I have a chorus pedal...}
Hmmm. A desert island means no jungle, so I don't need a Fulltone Clyde McCoy for "wakka wakka".

My 408 with the rosewood neck, Polytune 3, Xotic EP Boost, JHS Calhoun, Keely Trem-o-verb, Eventide H9 Max

You have your favorite PRS with you.

Let’s assume you play blues, rock, country, r&b...

You are assured that the island has accessible power outlets (as well as free drinks and ribeye steaks).

You run back into the house for your empty 7 inch by 16 inch pedal board.

You can only fit 5 small pedals on the board...

Which pedals do you grab?

{come on, play along, I’ve got to thin out my pedal closet. I apparently don’t like any of the pedals I started out with. I don’t even know why I have a chorus pedal...}
If not a multi-effects unit,
1.Peterson Strobostomp-2.EB Volumn-3.Tumnus-4.DIG Delay-5.Looper (I don’t think a Boomerang would fit, so probably TC Electronic)

Last edited:
Polytune, tube screamer, boss ds-1, strymon flint trem and reverb (in case amp reverb breaks down) and some kind of looper for soloing over backing tracks.

That flint sure is popular. I might need to check that one out.

I chose it for the size as well. If I could go with a larger pedal, then maybe the strymon big sky. I guess I could go mini poly tune and mini tube screamer to make room for the Strymon.

If it were pedals that I currently own, then:
Centura Klon clone
home built King of Tone clone
Barber Burn unit EQ
home built Skreddy P19 clone
Strymon Volante

Back