Say you are banished to a desert island and...

Mr Black tricked me by using it to play Purple Rain in the pedal intro. I can’t fight Purple Rain. I had no will power to stop myself from providing my credit card number.

He did the same thing to me with ass-less pants. It just proves he could do things the rest of us couldn’t.

He did the same thing to me with ass-less pants. It just proves he could do things the rest of us couldn’t.

You have a pair of ass-less pants?

All my pants have an abundance of ass. As a teen, I learned the hard way that genies are literalists. When I said "I want to get an abundance of ass"...

My buddy didn't learn from my lesson, which is why he now lives in a cat shelter.

Wow... so the 3 pedals are multi function?

Yes.

The Polytune has an optional buffer built in.
The Paisley DeLuxe has 2 sides, an Underdog and a Paisley Drive.
They are stackable and the stacking order can be changed.
The Julia goes from subtle chorus to full on vibrato and has
a lag control to time delay the effect and thicken it up.
The EQD Dispatch Master Has time, repeats, mix
and a separate level control for the reverb.
(No tap tempo but I use it for ambience)
It's a small board that can do a lot of stuff.

PS:
The "pedaltrain" is a nice piece of poplar from Home Depot.
$1.89

Nice... it’s very articulate. It reminds me of an old pedal but I can’t think of the name.

So far, on my living room floor, in the ‘take with me pile’ I’ve got a Timmy, a Tubescreamer, a spot for my Purple Moon, and a Secret Preamp. I’ve got one more empty space.

The Blue Note Pro Series is reminiscent of the MP Simble, but has an extra toggle for normal to hot (which effectively pumps up the gain stage). A Timmy is about as close to a Blue Note that will compare, but I've discovered that the Timmy is slightly grittier with more crunch than singing lead...

Also, I'd personally choose a HeadRush Gigboard except that device is 9" x 13," and the FRFR108 would need to be considered the "amp" I'd bring. The Gigboard has way more effects you could ever need, plus cab sims and IR capability.

If your FX board size were slightly larger, I'd be right there with you.

Last edited:
The island house amp is a big heavy Twin Reverb... so we gonna need some OD pedals.

I'll just say the same thing I say every time in a thread like this. There are lots of great pedals out there, and much depends on the tones you're going after. For example, if using a Twin, I'd have to have Sergio's Bogner Red. I had one. Best pedal I ever had for higher gain M tones out of a clean amp.

But the one pedal you MUST OWN, is a Barber Gain Changer. Between the low and mid gain modes, it can be a smooth solo boost pedal with other OD's or amp OD, or it can be a sweet low gain OD. Or it can be a smooth mid gain amp (never claimed this), but can be Dumbleish. Can do the Zen Drive type thing. And, can do it flat, small mid bump or big wide mid bump. IMHO, it's a "must have" pedal, even if you're not a pedal person.

That said... while Pete makes everything sound great, the demo Bodia posted above makes that DryBell pedal sound spectactular!

And now...
I’m just a wee beginner.

o_Oo_O Isn't it a little late in life to just be a wee beginner??? Should have figured the wee thing out years ago!

I’m a wee beginner too, but I went the total opposite way, lol.

Uh, In hindsite, I'd like to retract my previous joke. :eek: :p

You have to push a bit.

TWSS

Do I have to zip it up?

TWSS

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just say the same thing I say every time in a thread like this. There are lots of great pedals out there, and much depends on the tones you're going after. For example, if using a Twin, I'd have to have Sergio's Bogner Red. I had one. Best pedal I ever had for higher gain M tones out of a clean amp.

But the one pedal you MUST OWN, is a Barber Gain Changer. Between the low and mid gain modes, it can be a smooth solo boost pedal with other OD's or amp OD, or it can be a sweet low gain OD. Or it can be a smooth mid gain amp (never claimed this), but can be Dumbleish. Can do the Zen Drive type thing. And, can do it flat, small mid bump or big wide mid bump. IMHO, it's a "must have" pedal, even if you're not a pedal person.

That said... while Pete makes everything sound great, the demo Bodia posted above makes that DryBell pedal sound spectactular!

And now...

o_Oo_O Isn't it a little late in life to just be a wee beginner??? Should have figured the wee thing out years ago!

Uh, In hindsite, I'd like to retract my previous joke. :eek: :p

TWSS

TWSS

Oh I might have to get that Gain Changer even though I already have a transparent drive pedal... thanks for heads up!

And yes, I figured out the wee thing a long time ago.

Some wees still surprise me though.

Back