Say you are banished to a desert island and...

Not all the wrong places. Just the third.

Tina Louise is 86. Dawn Wells is 81.

Tina Louise looks a little more sun-worn at 84 (didn't see any more recent pics), but still, 84 year olds didn't look like that when I was a kid.

4F1CCD2C00000578-0-image-a-100_1534358396014.jpg

I hear Ginger is one helluva good cook (or was that the Yak woman, I dunno).

Last edited:
- Xotic Oz Noy ACRC Booster
- Strymon Timeline
- Strymon Mobius
- Diamond Compressor
- Hilton volume pedal

Polytune Mini
Xotic SP compressor
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro-Harmonix Canyon Delay
Boss RV-6 Reverb

Poly tune
Analogman kot
Jhs bonsai
Analogman mini chorus (just cause I like it)
Flashback delay

That’s the mini board..to get my Klon on there, I’d have to lose most everything else...and I would, depending on the amp, of course. The jhs bonsai is a recent addition, and I recommend it. It really is a summary of most of the tube screamer type overdrives..

EQ pedal, compressor, reverb, delay, and phaser. If I could have 7 (which I do now) I’d add a good tuner and fuzz. I don’t use overdrive pedals because I prefer pushing the amp to break up. I’m not that brand conscious as long as they do what they’re supposed to.

Mine are a mix of Orange and MXR for the most part. I got the Orange pedals because I really like Adrian Emsley and his overall design philosophy. The MXRs are just solid pedals that work as well as any boutique pedals, but at a better price :)

I still haven’t decided on my five pedals yet. I thought I had a plan but that Vertex pedal had to go back to from whence it came...

You have your favorite PRS with you.

Let’s assume you play blues, rock, country, r&b...

You are assured that the island has accessible power outlets (as well as free drinks and ribeye steaks).

You run back into the house for your empty 7 inch by 16 inch pedal board.

You can only fit 5 small pedals on the board...

Which pedals do you grab?

{come on, play along, I’ve got to thin out my pedal closet. I apparently don’t like any of the pedals I started out with. I don’t even know why I have a chorus pedal...}
Don't use pedals. Would take an acoustic as I don't use the electrics.

I’ve finally decided (I think) on the following:

Source Audio EQ, I rarely use an EQ pedal but since I’m only allowed one guitar, I will probably need it...

Purple Moon, I like it because the Fuzz and Vibe play nice together in the little box

Timmy, I could use as EQ in a pinch but I keep mine set for OD

Keeley modded Tube Screamer, used stacked with Timmy

The Dude OD

{I’m still going to try to sneak my old RV-7 pedal onto the island in my purse... or switch out the full-size TS for the TS mini then squeeze the Reverb pedal in my bag}

Depending on the amp, and assuming it has enough gain to cover the field, I would take a strobe tuner pedal, reverb, delay, boost, and a nice boost/overdrive pedal. Under the circumstances, I imagine a flexible delay like the Strymon Timeline and the Strymon reverb would be good.

I’ve finally decided (I think) on the following:

Source Audio EQ, I rarely use an EQ pedal but since I’m only allowed one guitar, I will probably need it...

Purple Moon, I like it because the Fuzz and Vibe play nice together in the little box

Timmy, I could use as EQ in a pinch but I keep mine set for OD

Keeley modded Tube Screamer, used stacked with Timmy

The Dude OD

{I’m still going to try to sneak my old RV-7 pedal onto the island in my purse... or switch out the full-size TS for the TS mini then squeeze the Reverb pedal in my bag}

I remember you saying you dig your ambiance, but we're still using a Twin, right? Maybe smuggle a few tubes in to play with the amp's reverb driver. There's no restrictions on tubes. :)

Back