Saw David Grissom last night!

guitarman23

We'll I moved to Austin a month ago and finally I had a chance to see David at the Saxon Pub last night. First off it's not a big place, very intimate environment. His band is incredible! He sounded amazing and it wasn't loud! The way people talk about him they make it out like he plays at deafening levels. This was not the case at all. I was probably 40 ft away and could have had a conversation if I wanted to and I mean if I wanted to but I didn't. The tone was thick and buttery as Les would put it. Amazing tone, and damn is he good. He played a couple songs off of his new album coming out in February. Very good tunes. I think it helped me decide that If I'm going to keep my HXDA I'm going to have PRS mod it to a 30 and add a fat switch. I have a few guitar heros, one big one is Warren Haynes. You can add David Grissom to the top of the list. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I just heard last night. I saw him w Storyville about 6 years ago and I became a fan but Grissom solo is a completely different level! I wish I could afford the DG30, but I'd have to sell an HXDA and Category 5, so I think I'll mod the HXDA.

It was a $10 cover! Unreal! On Tuesday nights he plays for free from 6-8 but work makes it hard to make it there.

DGh is the man. I wish I had a chance to see him more often than just at Experience. And nice as all get out, too.

Plus he designed one heck of a guitar.

Nice! Head up to Taylor for some BBQ, while you're at it. And if you get the chance, check out Seth James. He's a great talent and PRS player (that's where I got my Super Dallas).

I loved Austin when I played SXSW several years back. It was my first time there, and I really want to go back.

It was hard to really see the town because I was there to play, so I had to rehearse before the show, then I ran around to check out bands with a few friends from other bands, and some of the guys I know in the biz from my area.

I'd love to see Grissom play at the Saxon. And, uhm...I really want some new boots. LOL!

Btw, Davids FB feed this morning states his last Saxon show this year is tomorrow Night at 6pm and its Free...
Gonna do my best to be there!!

Btw, Davids FB feed this morning states his last Saxon show this year is tomorrow Night at 6pm and its Free...
Gonna do my best to be there!!

I wish I could make it. I don't get out of work until after 6. Enjoy!

Back