Saddle Screws come out

flygav

My saddle screws like to work themselves out when I bend a string, throws out the intonation. Any one know a fix for this?

I could use a little more information. You have a stoptail? They come out after many string bends or just one? Does the stoptail lay flat or is it tilted?

I would put teflon tape on them. I have done this a number of times on guitars and it works well. You can get it in black or white. It is not permanent and can be taken out at any time.

You can get a beginner arc welding machine for under $500. Just weld the saddles into place and you've got a permanent fix!

"Wait, Les, you actually told someone to go out and buy an arc welder, and to weld their saddles into place on a guitar?"

"I did. Might as well weld the strings to the saddles and the tuning machines, too."

"That's quite literally insane."

"Isn't it? I did it all for humor."

"No one's ever going to take your advice again!"

"No one should have taken my advice in the first place! Not now, not ever!!" ;)

My saddle screws like to work themselves out when I bend a string, throws out the intonation. Any one know a fix for this?
Thanks for all the replays, I have a 230 amp arc welder, that should do it or my brazing torch. I couldn't attach a photo so my profile photo shows it. I took it to guitar center, that was a $100 lesson never to do that again.

I finally figured out if loosen the string and back the saddle all the way out towards the pickup, it somehow locks the screw in place by a tiny retaining ring on it. I can now bend a string without vice grips! And set intonation so I can play songs with more than one cord!

Thanks everyone

Back