S2 Standard 24 thoughts......

Hugely regret selling mine, and will likely get another but probably a 22 just as a personal preference. The satin finish is really great. Mine had the 85/15s which were excellent, but I prefer the 58/15s in the newer ones. I think it’ll pair nicely with the Vela!

The Standards are all mahogany, correct? I have an S2 Custom 24 and a CE24, the maple neck on the CE gives it a brighter attack, not a huge difference, but some (and the CE 85/15 are USA pickups, but I think the 85/15 S pups are stellar as well). And I have an SE Santana Singlecut which is all mahogany, with very good TCI S pickups, but it has the least amount of brightness to it, could be the scale too. What I'm saying is that the S2 CU24 is sort of in the middle of the three, not as bright as the CE but a bit livelier than the Santana.

If you like the Standard, go for it! I like the gloss finish of the S2 personally but think the Standards are pretty cool too.

I really like my glossy Antique White. I find the switch a little hard to get to in auto-pilot mode in the middle of a solo, the trem bar gets slightly in the way. Nothing else really negative that comes to mind.

The satin finish is probably less robust against wear, but with the pick guard you get some protection in the most exposed place (at least that's for the way I hold my right hand, with 2-3 fingers resting below the strings.) I have a satin Charvel that got glossed up in that area.

A friend got one in vintage satin cherry, and it was a tone monster. The finish is more delicate than the gloss finishes, but some of us believe that the wood vibrates better with less finish. If you like relic'd guitars, it could achieve that status pretty quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, if there was any physical room for it. I already have several 24 fret PRSi, so no real need. Hopefully, little bad boy will weigh in on this. He has one he blacked out that looked amazing.

I am finding a bit of a Vela in it , but different..... What is it about this guitar, it’s really good!,,,,,,

anyone know where to get all black ( black stainless ) replacement parts to completely black out the guitar?

Last edited:
Mann for the black nickel bridge, I think @littlebadboy did something similar.

LBB to the white courtesy phone.

Present!

Yes, the Mann bridge was a work of art already on its own.

Opted for nickel saddles over black nickel bridge.

It looks and works beautifully on my Darth Paul S2 Standard 22!

The satin finished really makes the guitar breath well producing great tones especially with my mods:

Get that S2!

Last edited:
Present!

The satin finished really makes the guitar breath well producing great tones especially with my mods:

Get that S2!

Nice one LBB, SE lockers with ebony buttons?

Thank you !!!! ALL!!!!!!

What do you guys say about the “S” pickups, I believe they are referred as “Student”
I don’t have enough time with it to form an opinion on the stock ones..

Last edited:
Present!

Get that S2!
Thanks for the tip on the Mann bridge. What about the covers for the “S” pickups? I LOVE them black like you have done!!

Back