S2 Standard 24 Colors

andymue

Hi guys,

I'm planning to get one of the S2 Standard 24s.
I notice that some shops in the US (like Sweetwater) have them in Vintage Mahogany.
However, that's not one of colors listed on the website.

I'm in Europe and getting one in Vintage Mahogany would be great!
So...does anyone one whether or not those currently availabe are just a bunch of one-offs or whether the color list on the website is out of date?

Thanks!

It's probably a Sweetwater exclusive limited run. Sometimes a small number of those still make their way across the pond - I'd get in touch with PRS Europe and express your interest. They might know whether any are coming in and if so you can ask your favourite dealer to order one for you.

It's most likely an exclusive color for sweetwater. PRS has done this before with other dealers. As for the finish being out of date, I think it's new because I don't remember the s2's launching with that color.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about Vintage Mahogany not being listed, but I've been seeing S2 guitars in that color on other sites, too. Even the Vela, so I guess it's a current color.

The S2 Vela used to come in that color according to PRS' vela page, but PRS removed it. It does seem like that was a slip on a Sweetwater-exclusive color.

The color looked great on the S2 Vela in pictures. But I sort of wonder if in person it would remind of great-grandma's furniture. ;-)

The S2 Vela used to come in that color according to PRS' vela page, but PRS removed it. It does seem like that was a slip on a Sweetwater-exclusive color.

The color looked great on the S2 Vela in pictures. But I sort of wonder if in person it would remind of great-grandma's furniture. ;-)

I'll find out on Wednesday. ;)

The color is all over different company sites, so maybe it was limited, but not just to Sweetwater.

Definitely not limited to Sweetwater, but may still be a limited run.
I've emailed PRS Europe, hope they can help me out...

I've had a Mira once in that color, I think it looks great in person.
Didn't remind me of furniture at all... ;-)

In contrast to its name, I think it looks more "modern" than most other color offerings for the S2 Standards...

I like the mahogany color a lot, although it almost looks black in pics to me. Wish it was just a tad lighter.

S2011479-body-xlarge.jpg

Ok, so PRS Europe says Vintage Mahogany is in stock.
Nothing about any limited series or anything.
So maybe after all the website is out of date?

Ok, so PRS Europe says Vintage Mahogany is in stock.
Nothing about any limited series or anything.
So maybe after all the website is out of date?

I was going to agree, but I just got a call from my Sweetwater rep who said I had good timing because the model (Singlecut Standard, vintage mahogany) is discontinued.

If PRS Europe has them then I'm sure your favourite dealer can get one within days. If it is indeed a discontinued finish then jump on it!

I have a core Mira in mahogany. I can play it at open mikes, without being accued of being a gear snob. At least that was my excuse for buying it. Nevermind it kicks ass and takes names.

You know I'm leaning more towards the Mahogany color for my next S2 Standard 22.

I liked the Vintage Cherry and Sienna too. Even the Seafoam green is kinda cool, although I think I might tire of that quickly.

Back