S2 Standard 22 Satin Triple HB Routing

SamIV

Just pulled the pickguard off my S2 Standard 22 to clean a scratchy volume pot and noticed it was routed for three humbuckers. Was not aware of this. Kinda makes me want to route the pickguard for a middle Strat pickup or get a pickguard cut for an HSS set up.

I rarely use a neck humbucker if at all. I do like positions 2 and 4 on a Strat though. I realize it is 25” scale, but the studio is set up this way with the unobtainable narrowfields. Has any one set up one this way here before?

Might just route it myself. I have a templet. And just put a simple on off switch for the middle Strat pickup to see if I like it. Replacement pickguards are available if I screw it up or I am not fond of it. I have the pickup and a switch as well. Will see next weekend.

Just pulled the pickguard off my S2 Standard 22 to clean a scratchy volume pot and noticed it was routed for three humbuckers. Was not aware of this. Kinda makes me want to route the pickguard for a middle Strat pickup or get a pickguard cut for an HSS set up.

I rarely use a neck humbucker if at all. I do like positions 2 and 4 on a Strat though. I realize it is 25” scale, but the studio is set up this way with the unobtainable narrowfields. Has any one set up one this way here before?
Great idea…

Back