S2 Singlecuts coming with adjustable bridge now?

garrett

A week or two ago PRS posted a pic of an S2 Singlecut Standard with an adjustable wraparound bridge. Now today on Sweetwater I found a regular S2 Singlecut for sale with the same bridge, no upcharge.

It's different from the old style adjustable. Looks to be nickel plated with unplated brass saddles and intonation screws that look like what comes on the core SC245. Anyone know the scoop? I'm wondering if it's a spec change to get the S2 sounding more like its big brother in the Core line?

Sweetwater guitar:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S2SCVAS

PRS Facebook pic:
12801485_10154495280650639_1353803982078389805_n.jpg

It's kind of funny that of all the S2 Singlecuts on that Sweetwater page, that is the only one with an adjustable bridge. All the others are fixed. But in the spec sheet on this one it does not say if the bridge is indeed adjustable, just that is a PRS stoptail. Also, these are not Standards. They have flame veneer tops, ASFAICT.

It's kind of funny that of all the S2 Singlecuts on that Sweetwater page, that is the only one with an adjustable bridge. All the others are fixed. But in the spec sheet on this one it does not say if the bridge is indeed adjustable, just that is a PRS stoptail. Also, these are not Standards. They have flame veneer tops, ASFAICT.
Maple top S2 guitars do not have veneer tops. I think the maple is thinner than on the core models but it's not a veneer.

Right, I'm saying it's been spotted on a Standard and a maple top. It's a very recent thing, so presumably the others for sale on Sweetwater were made earlier.

Maple top S2 guitars do not have veneer tops. I think the maple is thinner than on the core models but it's not a veneer.
Oops, sorry, my bad. I posted without properly doing my homework. I was really comparing the appearance to a standard mahogany top. I gotta do better. Thanks for the clarification.

That's strange... but cool as heck. I wonder what the tonal difference is between the two. The one piece stoptail has always had more of an SG than LP vibe to my ear, my two Miras and an older SE CU22, but my SE Akesson has an adjustable and has tons of balls. I would say it's just the construction of the guitar, but most of the SE245's I tried didn't have the grunt like the Akesson either.

That's strange... but cool as heck. I wonder what the tonal difference is between the two. The one piece stoptail has always had more of an SG than LP vibe to my ear, my two Miras and an older SE CU22, but my SE Akesson has an adjustable and has tons of balls. I would say it's just the construction of the guitar, but most of the SE245's I tried didn't have the grunt like the Akesson either.

I would guess this new bridge would be closer to the John Mann stoptail tone-wise. If that's the case, it's a very good thing. His bridge is an improvement over the older PRS adjustable. Better resonance, sustain and note balance. All things I'd mostly attribute to the brass saddles.

Probably the bridge they use on the Clint Lowery with unplated brass saddles. Could be a small Sweetwater run that they are doing. They do stuff like that from time to time.

Me like!
If I could get that in black like my new S2 I just got, I would get one.
I need more stoptails in my life.

http://www.prsguitars.com/s2singlecutsemihollow/

I sent off an inquiry to my dealer about an all black one with the adjustable stoptail like Sweetwater has, but I also want a black one to match my new S2.
I told him I would gladly take it off his hands if he can get one like that.
I would also like to know why some are getting the adjustable stoptails which would be my preference.
I am going to assume it is the same one that is on my Zach Myers.

http://www.prsguitars.com/s2singlecutsemihollow/

I sent off an inquiry to my dealer about an all black one with the adjustable stoptail like Sweetwater has, but I also want a black one to match my new S2.
I told him I would gladly take it off his hands if he can get one like that.
I would also like to know why some are getting the adjustable stoptails which would be my preference.
I am going to assume it is the same one that is on my Zach Myers.
Thought they removed all the solid colors for the maple topped S2s going into 2016?

Back