S2 SATINS ARE HERE!

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Hey folks! We have been waiting for these a long time. We had an opportunity to play some of the prototypes from the S2 Satins at the factory months ago and they really are killer guitars. Now - they are available! Here is whats in stock so far:

S2 Standard 22 Satin Cherry
http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-s2-standard-22-satin-vintage-cherry

DSC_1890.jpg

DSC_1893.jpg

DSC_1892.jpg

DSC_1896.jpg

I had to bite on the McCarty Tobacco. I absolutely love satin guitars. This will be my first PRS without birds and on this guitar I can honestly say I prefer it that way. Strange. Can't wait for NGD to arrive!

Brian, as always, was great to deal with! This is my 3rd PRSi from him. One of these days I'll hopefully be able to get one of his killer WL and I'll always dream of a PS visit with him...even if it's only to observe the magic.

I never would have guessed that satin finishes would be so popular. Is that a recent thing or is there a history in the guitar world of satin finishes?

PRS tried satin finishes on some standard model guitars in 2007 or so if I recall correctly.

They did not exactly take the market by storm... I think they were dropped the following year.

Mind you this was when everybody was big on the "dipped in glass" finish thing, and it's a different world now. Big fat rustic guitars with f-holes seem to sell just fine these days.

The satins just might work fine with the S2 aesthetic.

I have a 07/13 SC250 AP Brazilian with a satin finish that I love, and am currently gigging with. I have an attraction towards that Charcoal SC... must. resist. the GAS.

My recent guitar purchase ha a satin finish on it but I had no idea until I opened the case and saw it with my own eyes for the first time. Prior to that I had only seen photos of it before having it shipped to me. I like it now but it was a real surprise to me when I opened the case.

PRS-MH2015_2470x1280.jpg

I just ordered a Singlecut Satin Standard in McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. Can't wait for it to get here. A little bit nervous since I haven't actually been able to find one of these to check out in person, but I have examined the pics online in great detail and I have great confidence that it will be amazing. These pics are fantastic. Thanks for posting them!

I just ordered a Singlecut Satin Standard in McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. Can't wait for it to get here. A little bit nervous since I haven't actually been able to find one of these to check out in person, but I have examined the pics online in great detail and I have great confidence that it will be amazing. These pics are fantastic. Thanks for posting them!
Congrats, you are going to love it!

Back