RIP: Neil Peart

I'm still reeling from this....
Pulled out my copy of "Roadshow" and started re-reading it yesterday. Neil was a great writer - something I hoped might continue after his retiring from music.
Got annoyed because I loaned out my copy of "Ghost Rider" and never got it back.

RIP Neil

Probably my favorite drummer of all time but what I respected even more was his philosophy on life and how he handled the fame and attention. I don’t feel sad tho because I know that death isn’t. In my mind it’s a little bit selfish to ask for more when he already gave this world everything he had to give and then some. May his soul rest in peace :)

Probably my favorite drummer of all time but what I respected even more was his philosophy on life and how he handled the fame and attention. I don’t feel sad tho because I know that death isn’t. In my mind it’s a little bit selfish to ask for more when he already gave this world everything he had to give and then some. May his soul rest in peace :)
Well said! Couldn't agree more.

Rush fans, if you haven't seen this, it's a must watch......R.I.P. Neil :(

The amazing thing about this, is that without "RUSH" playing the music, it draws the focus to the lyrics in a way I've never experienced before. I've heard this song a million times. I think the words hit harder this time than every other one put together. Very emotional performance for the true hard core Rush fan.

Thanks for sharing that!

The amazing thing about this, is that without "RUSH" playing the music, it draws the focus to the lyrics in a way I've never experienced before. I've heard this song a million times. I think the words hit harder this time than every other one put together. Very emotional performance for the true hard core Rush fan.

Thanks for sharing that!

That was almost exactly the same thought I had - the focus is totally on the lyrics in this one, and the way those guys deliver it gives it a different emotional impact. Kind of reminds me of two things - Tori Amos's cover of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", and a review I read of an album I believe was called Trapped In The Jungle. The premise was a band was stranded in the wild somewhere, but somehow sheet music for the pop hits of the day found their way to them, so they made recordings of the songs w/no knowledge of the originals, so all the ballads became up-tempo rockers, and the fast songs became ballads. The review said something like, "The results are mostly humorous, but the Cars' 'Just What I Needed' is a heartbreaker here."

Back