RIP Meatloaf

Moondog Wily

In Tune Wit Da Moon!
Classic rocker gone! Met him in about 2000 when some friends were playing a celebrity pro am golf tournament (they were playing just off the the 16th hole tee box). Meetloaf came up to me and asked me if I knew the guys in the band. I said I did and he asked if he might be able to borrow the lead singers afro wig to tee off on the 16th. I went and got him the wig, he put it on, tee'd off and came back with a thank you returning the wig! Seemed like a really fun guy!!! Hopefully he has seen paradise by his dashboard lights (or running back to her from the gates of heaven)!!!!

No one matched his energy. Jim Steinman tried, but he wrote a better song than he performed it. Sorry if this offends, just my thoughts.
I think Meat Loaf was the perfect match for Steinman's genius. Very few male singers can pull off the energy the songs required, like he did. There are at best 2 female singers that really locked into Steinman's vision (Bonnie Tyler, Celine Dion), but Meatloaf was the only male to elevate Steinman's music to a level that even Steinman could not achieve.

Back