Reverse Tone Knob on ZM SE

rubalup

Hello to all,

I´m really happy with my Zach Myers... the only thing I would like to do is be able to remove some lows on the neck pickup for some circumstances. My neck tone knob is always dimed so i think that I could give it a better use if there's a way to use it in the opposite way: cutting lows instead of cutting treble

Is this possible?

LesPaulBassCut.png

Thanks Garret... Its there a way that the Bass cut only affects the neck pu?

You'll just need to modify wiring for the neck pickup tone pot.

Using part of the diagram above, instead of going to the switch from the middle lug of the neck volume pot, go to the middle of what will be the neck bass cut. Then go out the top lug of the bass cut to the right lug of the switch. Should be it. Leave the other stock wiring alone. Note the cap in use is .0022uf, which is commonly noted as 2.2nf. Much smaller value than a typical tone cap.

When you think of regular wiring, the signal from each pickup flows to its respective volume pot and then into the switch. From there the combined outputs go to the jack. The tone pots are accessories that modify the signal as it moves through the volume pot along the way to the switch.

Your modified wiring will have the neck pickup signal flow through the volume, then to bass cut, then to switch. Bridge pickup will still flow as normal, and they'll both flow as normal to the jack.

This sounds like a very good idea to me. If you try it, let us know how it sounds. It may be something I'd find useful!

You'll just need to modify wiring for the neck pickup tone pot.

Using part of the diagram above, instead of going to the switch from the middle lug of the neck volume pot, go to the middle of what will be the neck bass cut. Then go out the top lug of the bass cut to the right lug of the switch. Should be it. Leave the other stock wiring alone. Note the cap in use is .0022uf, which is commonly noted as 2.2nf. Much smaller value than a typical tone cap.

When you think of regular wiring, the signal from each pickup flows to its respective volume pot and then into the switch. From there the combined outputs go to the jack. The tone pots are accessories that modify the signal as it moves through the volume pot along the way to the switch.

Your modified wiring will have the neck pickup signal flow through the volume, then to bass cut, then to switch. Bridge pickup will still flow as normal, and they'll both flow as normal to the jack.

This sounds like a very good idea to me. If you try it, let us know how it sounds. It may be something I'd find useful!

Thanks a lot. I´ll report back when I figure what to cut / solder according to your explanation.

Back