replacement pickups for Zach Myers

studiobill

I installed ghost bridge in my ZM guitar and it works really well. The one thing that is bothering me is that I really dislike the neck pickup. I could probably live with the bridge pickup but the neck is really bland to my ears. Anyone replaced the pickups? I generally put Duncan Seth Lovers in my Heritage guitars. I may go that route but I thought I'd ask for suggestions first.
Thanks

The SE245s sounded muffled and kinda wooly to me, so I put in DiMarzio Bluesbuckers, they're sorta P-90ish and have some good cut to them. Then again, I'm a big P-90 fan...

I'd go with 5909's if it were my guitar. Really just depends on what you want out of the guitar. Seths would make the ZM much more vintage sounding if that's the goal.

I put a Bare Knuckle Abraxas set in my Bernie. Love them! If you want to stay with PRS pick ups, I would toss my vote behind the 59/09 too.

I'm considering some railhammers for mine...
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I just ran across a smoking deal for a pair of new Seth Lovers with nickel covers for $175 for both.
I think I'll give that a try. I didn't really want to spend a lot on pickups. I do have a P245 semi-hollow also which is a great guitar but I don't always want to take it to the gig. It's nice to have a less expensive guitar for those places where I worry about the guitar getting damaged.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I just ran across a smoking deal for a pair of new Seth Lovers with nickel covers for $175 for both.
I think I'll give that a try. I didn't really want to spend a lot on pickups. I do have a P245 semi-hollow also which is a great guitar but I don't always want to take it to the gig. It's nice to have a less expensive guitar for those places where I worry about the guitar getting damaged.
LOVE the P245 SH!

I have Tonerider Alnico 4 Classics in my Bernie as well as in a LP. Great sounding PAF style pickups for not much money.

TV Jones pickups I tried sounded good with the Myers and so did the PRS Vintage Bass HFS combo.

I would love to know how those Seth Lovers work out in your ZM (and clips too if you can!). I have a ZM with nickel covers on the stock pickups, but I've been considering switching to Seth Lovers.

I would love to know how those Seth Lovers work out in your ZM (and clips too if you can!). I have a ZM with nickel covers on the stock pickups, but I've been considering switching to Seth Lovers.
They are definitely an improvement over stock. It would be nice to compare a number of choices but that is cost prohibitive. I also didn't want to spend a ton of money on a relatively inexpensive guitar. I already put the Ghost bridge in it. The Seth Lovers were $175 for both so it was an easy choice and I used these pickups in all of my Heritage guitars so I'm familiar with them. I could record a small sample but I'm not sure how I would upload it to this site.

Back