Recommended SE Standard 24 Truss Rod Wrench

Hey Dysh, did it work? I also have the same issue as you. I mailed customer care, they said 7mm for the truss rod. (PRS SE santana - Indonasian) need to buy one now. Please advise?

I just buy em from off reverb. Theyre cheap enough and you only need to buy it once, unless ya lose it. You can sorta use a 1/4" drive 7mm deep socket, they are just kinda bulky so its hard to get em in the rout for the rod nut.

You are looking for a 7mm hex wrench with the shortest head you can find. Most of the cheaper ones online are too long to fit in the routed space. Often their product photos can be inaccurate too on eBay and Amazon.

Hey, I bought a used SE 24, and I love it, but it didn't come with a truss rod wrench. I checked the official store and they don't sell one that fits the SE series, and the ones I checked on Amazon are apparently too long to fit in the cavity.

Do you know where I could buy an official PRS wrench that fits my guitar, or have a recommendation for a non-official wrench?

Thank you.
Prs,US-5/16" PRS SE-7mm. I went to Home Depot and bought one of the little multi socket pocket sets ($10). It has both sizes and more, with a screwdriver sized straight interchangeable handle and thin walled sockets. Perfect for truss rod adjustments-(along with many uses beside guitars) no mods required. I have 2 US McCartys, an SE Santana and an SE 245. It works great on all 4.

Back