Random. No more or less

I love shovelling snow because I can get a full body workout while doing this. I love the fresh cold air. I love my own company. With some high octane music it’s such a blast. I set up little challenges a long the way and make it into a game. I usually go outside around 2am. It’s my witching hour!
Yes Lola! 2am after some Bourbon is my favorite time to be out shoveling!!!!

I love shovelling snow because I can get a full body workout while doing this. I love the fresh cold air. I love my own company. With some high octane music it’s such a blast. I set up little challenges a long the way and make it into a game. I usually go outside around 2am. It’s my witching hour!
After I had a heart attack, the first thing the doctor told me was, "You must never shovel snow again, it's dangerous for you."

I replied, "Who the heck shovels snow? I hire a company!"

Turns out, cold weather constricts the arteries and veins, putting more pressure on the heart. I had to stop skiing.

Which one would be more intellectually stimulating for challenge Back in Back( just need to learn the solo) OR Stairway to heaven solo?

Now THAT is unique! Would you be willing to share any details on said passion? Like when you first realized, why you did not choose it as a career, any events in life that may have inspired this passion!! Either way, you GO Girl!!!
I realized my passion when we bought this house with an 8 car driveway. It’s a huge glorious job and I love every minute of it.

I am trying to get as many solos as possible under my belt.

I finally managed to play the two little solos in Plush. My fingers would go crazy trying to capture each note. When I sat and finally analyzed it and turned the BPM down to 75%. The angels sang in chorus. Then I just increased my speed from there. Sorry if this boring but it’s new uncharted territory for me. I am so excited.

Stairway has quite few techniques in it too. So good to practice.

I figured out that nothing is too daunting for me. I know I will eventually get it.

Last edited:
Removing bridge stud wells…is NOT for the faint of heart. I did it on my strat to upgrade the bridge. Mission accomplished. But did not go smooth by any means. Next time I’d rather pay a professional.

Removing bridge stud wells…is NOT for the faint of heart. I did it on my strat to upgrade the bridge. Mission accomplished. But did not go smooth by any means. Next time I’d rather pay a professional.
I pay a professional for really easy stuff, like cleaning my floors. Bridge stud wells?

Way, way outta my wheelhouse.

Last edited:
Have any of you analyzed the lyrics some or all on Dark side of the moon? Fascinating facts. This is a very deep album and I really didn’t realize it until I started to listen to the lyrics in the wee hrs this morning. Things we all think about like mortality, our relationship with money etc. I am trying to figure out Breathe. Is it about a rebirth’s for something or someone.

What an outstanding musician Roger Waters is!!

Last edited:
Lola, I remember when Tom Cochrane and Red Rider first made their debut. Did pretty well for a kid from Manitoba. They used to say he was from Winnipeg but actually was Lynn Lake, I really don't know how much difference that might make.
Dark Side of the Moon is a very cerebral album IMO. I think maybe because of the era it came from, many thought it was because it was all the result of experimenting with hallucinogens and may other mind-altering recreational pastimes. But if you look deep inside it (no, I've never done acid or anything wilder than pot) there are some very serious and thought provoking messages/meanings in the lyrics. And the music itself is quite complex and intricate. But I have no idea how to interpret the song Breathe. I just remember how cool the whole album was on a quadrophonic stereo back in '73 or so. I can't remember if the album or the system came out first; 16 was a really long, long time ago. But the whole album was really tight and a complete masterpiece. I do believe some of Gilmour's best solo pieces were in later works though. Huge difference between him and Page as far as style and approach though. I'd be hard pressed to say who I like better, depends on the day and the mood I'm in I think. They are both escape artists, just in different fashions.
If you want to know which of those two are more cerebral, get inside both of them. You'll be glad you did, I'm sure.

Dang, I'm really on another wavelength today...WTH was in my roast beef sandwich? Mind, it has been a while since I hit the music room at 5:00 in the morning...there's this riff that's been driving me crazy for a few days.o_O
Maybe I oughta check the CO detector in the basement...

What a truly great day! My day off and I had some catch to do around the house. By myself and loving it. I am finding the older I get I don’t like being around others very much except those peeps in the band. I am alone but far from lonely.
I hear you Lola. I really got in touch with my inner self last month on my bike trip. Only thing missing was a guitar and I'd have been in Heaven.
I found that out early this summer in Calgary when I was racing and living in the trailer by myself. But I had two instruments with me and had plenty of time to keep myself entertained.
If I could find a weatherproof container for a guitar I could pack one with me on the Goldwing.;)
I have a tail rack that holds an extra storage bag that I could make work for a guitar case...but pretty sure the missus wouldn't like me using valuable storage space of hers for taking a guitar... and she sure wouldn't like me suggesting she stay back home if she wasn't ill...:D

Back