Quit my band, here’s my final contribution

Wyldelyfe

So last year I quit the band I was in, Underwing.

I quit the band because it demanded more commitment than I could give due to having a full-time job as a teacher as well as a baby on the way.

I still had one final song left to record with the band called “House on Fire”.

This is the solo from that song.

It was a very difficult solo to make but I was very pleased with the final result.

I recorded the solo with my Fender American Standard Strat on the recording, but did this jam in the backyard to check out how it sounded with my new #1, the Gibson Les Paul Special!

I used the Strymon Iridium as an amp sim on the Marshall mode and used my 1981 DRV to “drive the amp”.

Would love to hear your thoughts on both the playing and the tone!

Like it! And the yard. And the DSOTM t-shirt. A lot of good stuff going on.

Keep on playing! If it’s any consolation, most of us have gone through a “too busy” time and had to back off gigging, but things do level off at some point, and a return is out there for those who still want to do it. Five kids and a career later, still gigging into my sixties. It’ll be there when you’re ready!

Dude…that sounded awesome! Great playing, phrasing, and tone! The pinch harmonics sounded great, too.

Congrats on the baby on the way! Kids can definitely speed things up in life, making you slow down in other areas, but no doubt they’re worth it. Hope you can keep making music in some form or another!

Oh, if I were to have one critique on the song, it’d just be that it’d be cool to see and hear it done with a PRS :D

Thanks for sharing!

Dude…that sounded awesome! Great playing, phrasing, and tone! The pinch harmonics sounded great, too.

Congrats on the baby on the way! Kids can definitely speed things up in life, making you slow down in other areas, but no doubt they’re worth it. Hope you can keep making music in some form or another!

Oh, if I were to have one critique on the song, it’d just be that it’d be cool to see and hear it done with a PRS :D

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much! You’re definitely right about how certain things speed up when you get kids! It’s a fantastic thing!

Good idea about trying this with a PRS! Would be cool to do it with a HB equipped PRS!

That was hot !!! Great playing, tone, mix, set up and I love your yard. Don't stop. Even though life has left you with no free time to commit to a band, continue writing and recording at home. That's all I can do as my free time is so little. Congrats on the baby coming and keep rocking !!!

Back