Question from a forum newcomer-Is this worth sending to PTC?

acidreign1026

I have a 2011 modern eagle II 25th anniversary. There's a finish blemish in the stain at the edge of the top, on the bottom parallel with the volume knob. It seems to be growing a bit. Does this seem like a defect to you guys?

s?
IMG_0082.jpg

No, its definitely not a ding. there is no indentation near it and the discoloration is under the clear coat. What I should have asked is is would this a big enough deal to send to get repaired?

No, its definitely not a ding. there is no indentation near it and the discoloration is under the clear coat. What I should have asked is is would this a big enough deal to send to get repaired?

Depends on whether it bothers you. If not, then no. If yes, then why not call your dealer and have them send it in to be evaluated?

Was it there when you got the guitar?

If not, how old is the blemish?

Is the blemish growing? How fast?

new and growing = mandated repair
old and stable = how much does it bother you?

It is slowly growing, steady for a year. it's beginning to bother me a bit. So, I would call my dealer and set the support in motion? THe big deal for me is being without my baby for possibly months..........the thought depresses me.

When I try to explain PTC to people I simply say "listen - you worked hard to get a Ferrari, are you going to have it worked on at your local Jiffy Lube or are you going to bring it to the dealer?"

Yes some people have local techs who they like and are skilled and yes shipping a guitar is annoying - but whenever I send a guitar to PTC for work, it comes back BETTER than it was when I first got it from a dealer.

It is slowly growing, steady for a year. it's beginning to bother me a bit. So, I would call my dealer and set the support in motion? THe big deal for me is being without my baby for possibly months..........the thought depresses me.

The right guitar will last a lifetime so I'd suggest going through the necessary channels and fixing the issue. It wont be months, PTC is very speedy compared to other companies I've dealt with :)

^^^ I like it^^^^ :)

Because of the message, or because you love cars? haha

Last edited:
My take? If the guitar speaks to you, consider it "character" and play the snot out of it! If you keep it for any length of time, you'll end up adding our own "character" to it anyway...

Last edited:
Back