Question about Bluetooth...

Yes of course, if you are not sure, let Lenovo take care of the problem for you!

However, I always advise having an external hard drive with backups, photos, documents, and other data since you never know when it will fail! One day I learned it the hard way...
Don't get me wrong. I'd rather fix it myself.

Lenovo is into selling extended warrantys.

Spend $200 -400 on an extended warranty and they'll fix it free for years to come.

Mine's still under warranty.

But I'd still rather fix it myself...if that's possible.

Yes of course, if you are not sure, let Lenovo take care of the problem for you!

However, I always advise having an external hard drive with backups, photos, documents, and other data since you never know when it will fail! One day I learned it the hard way...
I am pretty savvy with computers. I have worked with them for many years and have done tons of repairs as well as built my own many times. Even I had to learn the lesson the hard way. I also learned this the hard way with a Nokia cell phone. I lost everything on it when I woke up one morning and it was in a boot loop. I now use cloud options for saving my stuff so no matter what happens it is recoverable. It also lets me access things from all of my various devices. I use Google and Amazon for this storage. We also use these services for the large company I work for. If it is good enough for a 4 billion dollar company, it is good enough for me.

I am pretty savvy with computers. I have worked with them for many years and have done tons of repairs as well as built my own many times. Even I had to learn the lesson the hard way. I also learned this the hard way with a Nokia cell phone. I lost everything on it when I woke up one morning and it was in a boot loop. I now use cloud options for saving my stuff so no matter what happens it is recoverable. It also lets me access things from all of my various devices. I use Google and Amazon for this storage. We also use these services for the large company I work for. If it is good enough for a 4 billion dollar company, it is good enough for me.
So what should I do next Jason? Save everything, wipe the laptop clean and just return it to Lenovo?

So what should I do next Jason? Save everything, wipe the laptop clean and just return it to Lenovo?
If it has to go back to get fixed that is what I would do. It is a PITA. However, if you do a new OS install to wipe it that may fix the issue and you wouldn't have to send it in. You don't want to keep it if it is needing a repair. You paid for a laptop that works.

You specified that you have tried everything to make it visible, other than doing a full reset, wiping connected devices and redoing the process, I don't see how. Today what is shocking about technology is the difficulty or even the impossibility of repairing it yourself. Damn planned obcolescence.

***great job! you reset it!!

When Lew said he tried everything I assumed that included pulling the power and a reset. My bad Lew, that's one of the first things I would have suggested after trying the normal steps of connecting and disconnecting. Reset works more times than not when dealing with technology. Try pulling power first and if that doesn't work, reset.

Good job in figuring it out!

The only reason Lennovo would need to repair in person is if the Bluetooth hardware has been compromised. This is unlikely considering that you have resolved the initial problem and it had nothing to do with the Lennovo. Reset to previous "restore points" should be able to get you back to where you need without corrupting any of your data. Did you get a back up drive and/or card to back up important stuff on the computer? If so, back up any critical information and try to use the restore point functionality. It was very likely turned "on" by the builders, so unless you turned it off since receiving that computer, it should have been making restore points anytime system changes were made (which includes each software install). If you can not find your system restore points after some google searches on the topic, let me know and I will pop open my Windows 11 box to give you some detailed instructions.

If after doing a system restore to a point that is prior to the bluetooth delete, it still does not work, it could be the hardware, but I would still be skeptical and search for other resolutions before I sent it back to Lennovo.

Not bad for an old geezer.

Wish I hadn't uninstalled Bluetooth on my new laptop tho. Just following direction but it was completely unnecessary.

Dunno if Lenovo will pay the cost to re-install it or not.

The woman I spoke to said that sometimes it doesn't reinstall automatically like it should so I'll call again today.
You know what? It's high time companies and corporations start standing up to their responsibility to not only sell us a reliable product, but to support us when their product breaks under warranty. And, to do that with the MINIMUM of hassle to the customer. Is that asking too much now days?:rolleyes: Geez, and you followed their instructions which then didn't work and consequently left you in the ditch without a winch. Here again, this is like a "C'mon Man."

If I were in this jam, I'd back up the entire hd to a backup drive somewhere. Or, the cloud if you trust that. I'd never ever send a computer anywhere that had all the information on it that your's does. Back it up, then wipe the entire drive clear if Lenovo is going to force you to send it it for installation of a software app that they themselves told you would auto install. Amazing, just elfin' amazing.

I have a small bluetooth speaker that I’ve used with my last two iPhones, my last two iPads, and my last two laptops. ALWAYS use it for company meetings online so that I’m not listening through tiny laptop speakers. Got a new work laptop a few months ago, and I have done EVERYTHING and it WILL NOT link with my speaker. Just won’t. I’ve turned bluetooth off on all my other devices to make sure some other device wasn’t auto connecting when I turned the speaker on, installed the speaker 3 times, look for it, find it, and it won’t connect. I gave up and connect to the meetings with my phone, link The speaker to that so I can hear it, and watch on my laptop, so i have two devices logged into the meeting. :rolleyes:

Well my receiver is fine now.

Going to take the laptop down to Delta this morning and the computer guy there says he'll fix it while I wait.

Then onto Cedaredge to check out Starrs Guitars, drop off my HDRX 20 to be sent back to PRS, and see what new PRS and Breedlove guitars David Starr has gotten in. Hoping to try a maple fingerboard SE Silver Sky or two.

Might take the dogs down to Eagle Rock and do a little hike.

Indian ruins by the Gunnison River.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and knowledge.

Took the Lenovo to Cornerstone Computers in Delta and Roger fixed it in about 15 minutes. FOR FREE!

The Bluestone had NOT been uninstalled. That was either a mistake or a lie, because It was still there. Just turned off in a way I don't understand.

The laptop did not have to go back to Lenovo for repairs and needless to say I did not have to pay $300 for an extended warranty upgrade.

That was ALL Bullsh!t on the part of Lenovo and I am disappointed with them for setting me up and then trying to rip me off.

Last edited:
Took the Lenovo to Cornerstone Computers in Delta today and Roger fixed it in about 15 minutes. FOR FREE!

The Bluestone had NOT been uninstalled. That was either a mistake or a lie, because It was still there. Just turned off in a way I don't understand.

The laptop did not have to go back to Lenovo for repairs and needless to say I did not have to pay $300 for an extended warranty upgrade.

That was ALL Bullsh!t on the part of Lenovo and i am disgusted with them for setting me up and then trying to rip me off.

Seems like their Customer Service "Techs" are trained to mees your laptop up, then fib and confuse you get you to sign up for expensive extended warranties....NOT TO HELP get your lap top running again.

I'm like a babe in the woods when it comes to this stuff but I'm no dummy either.

Thank you everyone for your help!
Glad to hear it's taken care of!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and knowledge.

Took the Lenovo to Cornerstone Computers in Delta and Roger fixed it in about 15 minutes. FOR FREE!

That was ALL Bullsh!t on the part of Lenovo and I am disappointed with them for setting me up and then trying to rip me off.
I'll tell ya - Lenovo ought to be on the s#!t list of all of us on this forum. Would anyone of us buy a guitar again from a manufacturer or retail store that treated us the way Lenovo did in Lew's case? I don't think so.

You know what? It's high time companies and corporations start standing up to their responsibility to not only sell us a reliable product, but to support us when their product breaks under warranty. And, to do that with the MINIMUM of hassle to the customer. Is that asking too much now days?:rolleyes: Geez, and you followed their instructions which then didn't work and consequently left you in the ditch without a winch. Here again, this is like a "C'mon Man."

If I were in this jam, I'd back up the entire hd to a backup drive somewhere. Or, the cloud if you trust that. I'd never ever send a computer anywhere that had all the information on it that your's does. Back it up, then wipe the entire drive clear if Lenovo is going to force you to send it it for installation of a software app that they themselves told you would auto install. Amazing, just elfin' amazing.
I think when you call these companies like Lenovo for help, the "tech" is more interested in selling extended warranties than they are in helping you fix your laptop.

If I outlive this lap top (which is unlikely, given my current situation) I'll get one from Roger at Cornerstone in Delta. Everyone around here loves the guy and now I trust him too.

Back