PRS without rosewood fretboards

Here's my black 91 CE that I've recently loaded with BK mules.

And the white one is and early 88 with a 59/09 in the bridge.

I'll just say that out of all the PRS guitars that I've ever owned these, all maple neck ces are the hardest to find pickups for.
They are bright and very snappy, but full sounding and with alot if edge to the notes.

HsmcuFH.jpg

BYwL0BF.jpg

Strait up pimp! Those look absolutely gorgeous. Floyd rose guy myself, I've been gassing for one of those maple neck/ floyd for a wile now.
Lol, thanks man. The guy I sold the Abalone one to actually offered it back to me last week. Unfortunately things are tight and I would need to sell my Gibson true historic to get it back(which Ive been on and off about selling anyways) seriously considering it lol

Lol, thanks man. The guy I sold the Abalone one to actually offered it back to me last week. Unfortunately things are tight and I would need to sell my Gibson true historic to get it back(which Ive been on and off about selling anyways) seriously considering it lol

Is that the pink one? Dude, send his number my way lol

Afternoon, all. I'm new to the forum, as well as a recent first-time PRS owner. In over 30 years of playing, I've certainly had the opportunity to try a PRS from time to time, but was always more of a Fender/Gibson guy.

One thing which turned me off to the brand right off the bat is that over 99% of them seem to use rosewood for their boards, and I've just never been a fan. Then, I found this at MusicStoreLive:

(Hopefully, the pic posts, but just in case it doesn't, what I bought is a PRS 30th. Anniversary Custom 24, honey finish, with flamed maple neck/fretboard.)

Does anyone else own and/or prefer a PRS with a non-rosewood fingerboard? Would you care to share pics.? Just curious. I absolutely love mine in every detail. Sweet guitar, from a brand that I finally came around to after more than three decades.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Steve
Same here about maple necks. Ten years ago I bought the 2013 PRS Swamp Ash Special with the three NarrowField pickups because it had a maple fretboard. I just ordered a Silver Sky for the same reason that it had a maple board. Plus, the reason I wanted the swamp ash special is because it was the closest thing PRS had to a strat at the time and now they have a true strat in the silver sky.

Afternoon, all. I'm new to the forum, as well as a recent first-time PRS owner. In over 30 years of playing, I've certainly had the opportunity to try a PRS from time to time, but was always more of a Fender/Gibson guy.

One thing which turned me off to the brand right off the bat is that over 99% of them seem to use rosewood for their boards, and I've just never been a fan. Then, I found this at MusicStoreLive:

(Hopefully, the pic posts, but just in case it doesn't, what I bought is a PRS 30th. Anniversary Custom 24, honey finish, with flamed maple neck/fretboard.)

Does anyone else own and/or prefer a PRS with a non-rosewood fingerboard? Would you care to share pics.? Just curious. I absolutely love mine in every detail. Sweet guitar, from a brand that I finally came around to after more than three decades.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Steve
I have a rosewood board on my McCarty and Silver Sky SE, and a maple neck on my Swamp Ash Special. Love ‘em both!

Back