PRS Vela guitar and Strymon Dig delay

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
New one from Chappers and the Captain.
Lots of across the pond humor included :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, I dig the guitar a lot more than the pedal. I usually like Strymon stuff but wasn't feeling that one

I like it when they use PRS guitars, they know a great guitar when they see and play it.
Did ya see Lee grab it from Rob?

Great tone out of the Vela!
I loved the one I had for 2 days, lol. It was almost perfect but a little too strat/tele for what I needed it for at the moment. if PRS doesn't come out with a S2SC with a Bigsby, I'll prob try and get another of these in the Ice Blue.

They kinda flitted around the settings a little too quickly and wildly in that video, IMHO. My Vela through the DIG sounds awesome. I think the adm delay is actually my favorite for guitar, with golden ratio and light modulation, and with the Vela with both pickups and bridge split. The Timeline is a megalith, but if I could choose one preferred delay, it would be the DIG & adm.

I'm not saying DIG > Timeline, but definitely keep listening to the DIG.

The guys seemed to allude to a video specifically on the Vela, so maybe that'll land in the next few days.

New one from Chappers and the Captain.
Lots of across the pond humor included :D

As a proud Englishman, I feel compelled to comment that the humour of Crappers and the Craptain is in no way representative of the humour of my homeland :proud:

I'd like to see and hear more guitar and less tooling around... Chappers is a far better guitarist than ever comes across in these videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a proud Englishman, I feel compelled to comment that the humour of Crappers and the Craptain is in no way representative of the humour of my homeland :proud:

I'd like to see and hear more guitar and less tooling around... Chappers is a far better guitarist than ever comes across in these videos.

No need to fret, having lived with all Brits for a long time in Belgium, most Americans will miss half of the jokes (whether colored or not, lol... the jokes that is). I think they are hysterical, but what I find endearing is you can tell they are just great friends. The thing that keeps me checking out their videos is how good "Chappers" is, not only in one style, but in many as well as theory. The Cap'n is actually far better than when he plays alongside Rob. When he does his own demos he gives a better picture of how talented he is ... he's far better than I am, of course I'm primarily a keyboardist/acoustic guitar guy.

Plus it takes a certain personality often to front a metal band, start a guitar company, etc. etc. Visionaries can be... eccentric, lol.

Back