PRS SVN owners

zone

Hi everyone.

I’m looking at a PRS SVN.
I’ve got a Gibson 7 string which I do like (24.75 scale), however as I own 2 X PRS USA models the SVN would be a nice addition, especially with the 26.5 scale length.

I’d like to know if anyone has bought a hardcase for them, and if so, what one?
I’m not a fan of the gigbag, and it’s been confirmed to me that the PRS multi-fit case won’t accomodate the SVN.

Unfortunately everything is online for me so I don’t have the option to go into store and test etc. All our dealers in Australia seem to sell online and keep stock in warehouses.

Feel free to add any additional comments on the SVN also!

Thanks!

Sweetwater makes a hardcase that fits both my 26.5" SVN and my 27.7" Mushok. You might want to look at them. Good luck!

Sweetwater makes a hardcase that fits both my 26.5" SVN and my 27.7" Mushok. You might want to look at them. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Will check it out!

What gauge strings are you using on the SVN?
I currently use 10-74 in A# on my Gibson 7 string to counter the shorter scale length.
I was thinking 10-59 would be possible on the SVN.

I have a SVN, as well as the previous model, the SE CU24-7.

The SVN still has factory strings on it, 9-54s, and it feels pretty good, actually. The CU24-7 was a little flabby on the low B string, for my tastes at least, but I can't remember if I upgraded the whole set to 10-62, or picked out two or three of the thicker strings from a set of 8 for 10-74, probably the 64 for B, 54 for E, and 42 for A...

Anyway, try the factory strings, and if you don't like them, move up to 10-56s, perhaps, or the 10-62s if you want extra tension on the fat ones.

I have a SVN, as well as the previous model, the SE CU24-7.

The SVN still has factory strings on it, 9-54s, and it feels pretty good, actually. The CU24-7 was a little flabby on the low B string, for my tastes at least, but I can't remember if I upgraded the whole set to 10-62, or picked out two or three of the thicker strings from a set of 8 for 10-74, probably the 64 for B, 54 for E, and 42 for A...

Anyway, try the factory strings, and if you don't like them, move up to 10-56s, perhaps, or the 10-62s if you want extra tension on the fat ones.

What are the big differences between the SVN and the SE-7? I haven't had a chance to lay hands on the SVN yet, but I may get the chance in a week or so.

What are the big differences between the SVN and the SE-7? I haven't had a chance to lay hands on the SVN yet, but I may get the chance in a week or so.
Well, basically:

26.5" scale vs 25" scale.

Pickups are now the 85/15s type, vs the SE HFS/VB combo (IIRC)

SVN has the new logo.

I think that is it, for the regular SVN. I don't think PRS published the FB radius for either model, but I imagine they are the same.

My SVN is a special order run from Axe Palace, and has an Ebony FB and a burled poplar veneer top instead of flamed maple veneer.

I swapped my HFS/VB for a Mark Holcomb set because I liked them in his SE model. I'm hoping to get to try one next weekend, but we'll see if one shows up.

I’m putting a Duncan Pegasus / Sentient set in my SVN this week. I really like them on down tuned stuff, I have a set on my Mushok as well.

I’m putting a Duncan Pegasus / Sentient set in my SVN this week. I really like them on down tuned stuff, I have a set on my Mushok as well.

How did the pickup install go?
I’ve heard Duncans fit in the cavity without have to route the cavities like you have to with Dimarzios!

I’ve just bought a set of Duncans, and now have to wait for them to arrive.

Last edited:
Back