PRS Silver Sky - Lunar Silver - Ordered from PMT Birmingham UK

PRSDan

Hi All

Just like to say a big hello from the UK! I have a PRS Custom 22 currently and of my collection its always been my go to.

I've seen a few posts now that people have received their Lunars... I am extremely excited to get mine but my query is when?!

I put a deposit down back on the release at PMT Birmingham (UK) but I still have no confirmation of delivery date and they supposedly also have no idea when they are coming in to stock.

Is this a UK thing? Has anyone else in the UK been given a delivery date?

Cheers,
Dan

So far, the first week of March was definitely a long one. I did get a Deluxe Reverb though, ready and waiting for some single coil sauce.

Well I called again today and I am on the list to get one (supposedly) amongst 10 others. Ive read that only 60 are coming to Europe so would be surprised if PMT is getting 10?

Anyway I live in hope... Still no dates.

So there is one on ebay U.K. in hand...
I feel a bit gutted by this. Nearly 4k and still climbing... feel like bidding and blanking him if I win ‍♂️

Hi All

Just like to say a big hello from the UK! I have a PRS Custom 22 currently and of my collection its always been my go to.

I've seen a few posts now that people have received their Lunars... I am extremely excited to get mine but my query is when?!

I put a deposit down back on the release at PMT Birmingham (UK) but I still have no confirmation of delivery date and they supposedly also have no idea when they are coming in to stock.

Is this a UK thing? Has anyone else in the UK been given a delivery date?

Cheers,
Dan

Hey Dan,

I'm in Canada and am still waiting on mine too. Third on the list though so hopefully soon! At first my dealer told me they'll be shipping in April but then near the beginning of March they said they are expecting them to be shipped to the dealer in March and they will then ship them out in list order as they come in. I'm hoping that it will be shipped soon, but we're in the same boat :) Patience my friend.

Well the wait continues..

called PMT Birmingham again today and they’ve now told me the had 6 allocated to them and I’m customer number 7 - well shouldn’t they have known how many they were getting before taking too many deposits?! He offered me a refund or to hold on and see if one person cancels... so here I wait.

After being a loyal PMT customer my entire guitar playing life I’m pretty disappointed..! Could have ordered online through a few other people but phoned and ordered with my local store.

Well after continually trying with PMT Birmingham I’ve asked for a refund of my deposit. I will never purchase anything from them again, it’s been a very disappointing experience..

Fortunately I’ve managed to secure a brand new one elsewhere for the same price I purchased it from at PMT originally. So don’t be scalped by anyone..!

Should arrive Tuesday/Wednesday!

Well after continually trying with PMT Birmingham I’ve asked for a refund of my deposit. I will never purchase anything from them again, it’s been a very disappointing experience..

Fortunately I’ve managed to secure a brand new one elsewhere for the same price I purchased it from at PMT originally. So don’t be scalped by anyone..!

Should arrive Tuesday/Wednesday!
Too bad on your experience. Glad you’ve got it sorted, and one on the way.

It has arrived! And if I could upload a picture to this forum without using an external hosting site I would! Its just stunning, the neck is absolutely sublime. I rated my BLK1 and MICA (Fender JM series) quite high but this is just something else. The only thing I don't like is the tuning pegs, whilst nothing wrong with using plastic they do feel extremely cheap.

It has arrived! And if I could upload a picture to this forum without using an external hosting site I would! Its just stunning, the neck is absolutely sublime. I rated my BLK1 and MICA (Fender JM series) quite high but this is just something else. The only thing I don't like is the tuning pegs, whilst nothing wrong with using plastic they do feel extremely cheap.
The look of the tuners has been commented on quite a bit as being not up to the fit and finish of the rest of the instrument. I agree with that, but have found that they actually function a lot better than they appear and keep the guitar in tune without issues. JM likes them, so that’s that. Function over form is better than the other way around!

Glad to hear your story had a positive ending. :) Happy playing, with years of music making to come!

Great to hear! Enjoy that bad boy.

Back