PRS SE Singlecut (Emerald Green/Dot Inlays)

Kyle Smith

I bought an older (circa 2008) PRS SE Singlecut with an emerald green face and a black backing with a very thin clear (wood) trim, rosewood neck with dot inlays, made in Korea. It is as basic as PRS could get (except the color.)

This guitar is light and so easy to play. I love it I just don't know anything about it. PRS doesn't offer any specs or anything that I can find and read about. I just want to get some good PRS pickups that come on the Custom guitars and I also wanted to adjust and set the guitar up back to the standard specs. (Pickup height, action and such). I just wish this guitar wasn't some lost secret like it seems to be. The only place this guitar seems to exist still is on "sold" section of reverb.com so it seems mysterious.

Anybody know anything about this guitar?

Hey there!

Sounds like you know a fair bit already, actually. It's the original SE Singlecut model. 25" scale; mahogany neck with rosewood board; mahogany body, maple top with flame maple veneer; SE humbuckers.

You can use the Setup Guide to help get it playing and sounding its best: http://prsguitars.com/csc/setup.html

I bought an older (circa 2008) PRS SE Singlecut with an emerald green face and a black backing with a very thin clear (wood) trim, rosewood neck with dot inlays, made in Korea. It is as basic as PRS could get (except the color.)

This guitar is light and so easy to play. I love it I just don't know anything about it. PRS doesn't offer any specs or anything that I can find and read about. I just want to get some good PRS pickups that come on the Custom guitars and I also wanted to adjust and set the guitar up back to the standard specs. (Pickup height, action and such). I just wish this guitar wasn't some lost secret like it seems to be. The only place this guitar seems to exist still is on "sold" section of reverb.com so it seems mysterious.

Anybody know anything about this guitar?

I love my 2007 Singlecut SE in dark cherry sunburst. The "thinner than a Les Paul" body is perfect. I also had one in tobacco sunburst but traded it toward a Zach Myers. I often wish I had kept it.

I found the CSB one on Guitar Center's website. You might check there if you're ever looking for another one.

I found

I put USA # 7`s and a blend pot instead of a 3 way switch in my cherry red one. It absolutely screams.

Back