PRS SE pickups

SrgEx951x

Hey. So if I for any reason had to change the pick ups on my SE Custom 24, will I still be able to use the coil tap feature? (when you pull the tone knob to enable the coil tap)

I'm not an expert on this subject, but I think it might depend on the pickups.

I know the pickups are already full of awesomeness, but it would be cool to go beyond that.

And another question: Can you put pickup covers on an Se Custom 24? ?

Hey Srg!

With replacement pups keep an eye out for 4 conducter pickups. All the pup manufacturers do them as an option. You'll need those extra wires for the coil tap feature.

Yep, you can put covers on SE pups, although there's more to it than just sticking them on.

If you're looking to install pickups that have a braided metal cable with a black insulator and one other wire running side the braided wire, those won't do coil splits, unless you have some with a seperate split wire like PRS uses.

SE covers are tricky because at least on the SE pickups I have encountered, the neck pickup is 50mm spaced and the bridge pickup is 52mm spaced. You can find chrome covers from Asia all day in 52mm but finding a 52mm nickel cover is really tough. Gibson makes one (of all people) but the cover would cost as much as the pickup is worth. Google how to add covers to pickups and you'll find several good videos on the subject.

Thanks for the help! You guys are awesome :hello: I'll do further research on this

Back