PRS SE Mark Holcomb

Paz

Hi all,

I’m recently considering one of these. Never owned a PRS SE before, only core models, how is the build quality compared to similarly priced import models? (Ibanez, ESP ltd etc.) Also, is the neck thinner than pattern thin?

Thanks in advance.

Can't compare to those other brands, but the build quality is excellent on mine. There's always some variation in the necks based on hand-sanding, but it doesn't feel thinner than a pattern thin (or wide thin) to me.

Are you looking at the newest release w/Mark's newer sig pickups? I have the Alpha/Omega set, and they're excellent.

Thanks for your reply, yes I’m looking at the newer version, I was considering an Ibanez or Schecter as well, as in this price range they’ll be made in Indonesia or China I would expect. (Unless I buy 2nd hand).

I have the same version as @alantig, with the original A/O pickups. I'm a big fan of mine! Build quality is excellent. Mine is from 2018, so I can only speak to the specs on that but it has the Wide-Thin neck, but of course with a 20" radius rather than the usual 10" on most other PRS. The specs are very similar for Pattern Thin, with the Wide-Thin listed as 1/64 thicker at the nut but all other posted measurements the same.

As far as feel goes, I love it - it does feel thin and fast, as you'd expect.

You can still find plenty of the original (purple) ones used. The new (blue) ones have the new pickups, Scarlet & Scourge, but I don't believe any other specs were changed. I would definitely recommend it!

Back