PRS S2 Standard 22

Brandon117

So this is my first post in this forum. I'm looking at purchasing my first PRS, the standard 22 in seafoam green. I was wondering if anyone that has an S2 or experience with one could describe the feel of the neck. There are no shops that have them near me. I'm coming from an epi les paul custom, sg, and a gibson explorer. So I'm kinda use to a beefy neck but I have small hands and am looking for a more comfortable neck. If anybody could give me some feedback these pattern regular necks I would appriciate it a lot.

If you're used to the larger size of the G style neck and want something smaller, the S2 neck will tickle your fancy. I have small hands as well, and it's an easy fit. I actually wouldn't hate it if it were a tad thicker either, but it's certainly nice.

Awesome!!! I actually have a show this weekend in a big city so hopefully I can find one there and give it a test run. That's good to hear from someone else with small hands.

Sadly this model was just announced a couple months ago and are not widely available yet. However, on the plus side, all the necks on all the S2s are exactly the same shape and specs, so if you play one S2 neck you've played them all.

I think you will love it. I have very big hands and I have no problem moving from the baseball bat neck of my 'G' guitar to my S2. It it noticeably smaller but shaped in such a way that makes it familiar to people like you that are used to those neck shapes but looking for something more compact. If anything, I play smoother on the S2 despite the smaller neck and I think it has to do the with the overall profile of the back of the neck.

Thanks for the info guys! I was just at my local guitar center and they had some SEs but no S2s. I did get a feel for the wide thin neck though. Man it was pretty thin. Hopefully I can find an s2 and see how they compare.

I just got an S2 Cu22 whose neck profile is the same as that of the Std 22. The Cu22 neck is chunkier than the modern C neck of my two American Strats. It's a little bit slimmer than the Gibson 50's Les Paul neck but chunkier than the Gibson 60's slim taper neck. I have small hands but don't like skinny necks.

Back