PRS S2 Custom 24 PUP replacement

Kurt Webb

Anyone given any thought to replacing the pickups on the S2? They seem a little bright to me. I had a Santana SE and swapped the stock PUP's for a set of Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded PUP's and it improved the sound considerable.

Any opinions on how this would affect the S2 Custom 24?

Last edited:
I put a Dimarzio Gravity Storm in the bridge of my SECU24, a nice pickup with a touch less high end. But Custom 24's in all incarnations are bright guitars (slightly) to start with, at least to my ears.

It would have been better in the electric guitars section.

The S2 guitars are so new still that I'm not sure anyone has an answer for you. I haven't checked in the last month or two but there previously had not even been S2 guitars at a single dealer in the Phoenix area for me to even go try.

Thanks.

I didn't even try one before I bought it. But I'm very pleased with it so far. So much so , that I pretty much ignore my Fender HSS Deluxe Strat and Lonestar Strat. Would just like to darken the sound a bit. One thing, though, it cuts through the mix pretty well. And it's a beautiful guitar, set up perfectly out of the box (bought it from Sweetwater with 24 month interest free financing).

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that rolling off the tone knob a lilttle bit doesn't make things better for you?

No. It seems like rolling back the tone knob just seems to deaden the sound. Of course I'm a bit hard of hearing anyway.

And, yes, it's an awesome looking guitar. They had 5 in stock when I bought that one and I picked the one with the tightest grain.

Back