PRS pickups - Custom 24

lee olsen

Greetings all. I am considering buying the subject guitar, I am infatuated with the looks and playabilty but it doesn't have the tone I was expecting. What pickups does PRS use in these guitars? Do people have occasion to swap out the pickups?

Greetings all. I am considering buying the subject guitar, I am infatuated with the looks and playabilty but it doesn't have the tone I was expecting. What pickups does PRS use in these guitars? Do people have occasion to swap out the pickups?

2016 Custom 24's have 85/15 pickups and they sound awesome. With the five way switch you get a nice range of tones out of em. I wouldn't swap em out but it depends on your tone you like

If you buy used custom 24 it could have T&Bs, HFS/VB, Ms, 5708, 5909s, 5815s, 8515s. Just depends on tge year. I don't know if they came with dragon 1s or 2s.

5909s, Ms, HFS/VB, dragon 1s and 2s can be purchased used without too much hassle.

My opinion, 5909s are to die for. I have had or have most of the pickups I listed above.
I have a set of 8515s but I don't have them in the guitar just yet so I can't comment on those.

Buy the guitar.

Paraphrasing Gush, if you are looking at used then there are a variety of pickups used over the years. But he left one off that came stock with my '91 - the Vintage Hot Treble pickup. GREAT sounding pickup that apparently doesn't show up all that often.

And to quote Gush "Buy the guitar."!

Paraphrasing Gush, if you are looking at used then there are a variety of pickups used over the years. But he left one off that came stock with my '91 - the Vintage Hot Treble pickup. GREAT sounding pickup that apparently doesn't show up all that often.

And to quote Gush "Buy the guitar."!

+1 , or 2

Back