PRS Pickup Marketing Question/Suggestion - Sound Clips!

enigma

How come PRS does not offer a pickup sound clips on their website? I would love to hear quality sound clips of all of PRS pickup offerings. For example, I'd love to hear the differences between HFS - \m/ - Tremonti bridge pickups before I take the time and investment to try out pickups.

While sound clips are super subjective they are very much responsible for many purchases. I think this is a good idea. The more transparency the better is my two cents.

Yeah, this is a great idea!

Ideally, every pickup would be tested in the same guitar, with the same player playing the same riffs - you wouldn't need much, maybe just one clean and one heavy rhythm clip, add a quick 5 second lead and that's it. Would be really cool.

Edit: I just realized this may not be possible for special pickups like the 408, but even then you could at least keep the instrument type (e.g. doublecut with maple top) and bridge type (e.g. stoptail) constant to make it as comparable as possible. I think this would really add value and make it much easier to choose new pickups.

Last edited:
I think it would be great to have some clips on the website. I'm heavily pondering what pickups to put in my ZM when I get it (if
I want to upgrade at all), and I would really like to hear the \m/'s compared to the rest of the range. I've heard rave reviews, and that they sound great cranked and turned down, but I'm also wary of hot pickups...

Yeah, this is a great idea!

Ideally, every pickup would be tested in the same guitar, with the same player playing the same riffs - you wouldn't need much, maybe just one clean and one heavy rhythm clip, add a quick 5 second lead and that's it. Would be really cool.

Edit: I just realized this may not be possible for special pickups like the 408, but even then you could at least keep the instrument type (e.g. doublecut with maple top) and bridge type (e.g. stoptail) constant to make it as comparable as possible. I think this would really add value and make it much easier to choose new pickups.

I'd add that the same amp should be used if possible. Just to try to reduce the variables.

Back