PRS McCarty, Mahogany Body, Soapbar, with Wide-Thin Neck?

Richb

Did PRS ever offer the McCarty, Mahogany Body, Soapbar, with a Wide-Thin Neck? I'm in search of one.

I don't think so. I have a 2008 Cu22 with a W/T, but I don't think the McCarty ever had that option.

Thanks Guys. As usual, the guitar I want, doesn't exist. My life story...

The 25th Mira has all you seek, with exception of the neck, which is the “standard” profile, basically what is now the S2 profile. It’s another version of a slightly more lean profile, just a different shape than W/T. Very slightly narrower at the nut, and a rounder back, in comparison to the flatter feel of W/T. If you can jive with that, they’re cool.

The 25th Mira has all you seek, with exception of the neck, which is the “standard” profile, basically what is now the S2 profile. It’s another version of a slightly more lean profile, just a different shape than W/T. Very slightly narrower at the nut, and a rounder back, in comparison to the flatter feel of W/T. If you can jive with that, they’re cool.

I found an '08 Mira with a W/T neck yesterday and planned on seeing it today, when the dealer sent me a note saying someone came in and bought it.

I thought about that, but I bet it will have a 10 Top, etc. to make it cost more than I want to pay.

Private Stock tops are the best of the best PRS wood. And you can go to the factory and choose your own wood pieces for every part of the guitar; top, back, neck, fretboard, headstock overlay, trim, etc, if that’s your thing.

Expensive, certainly. But the attention lavished on every single bit and piece is astounding. You can even spec whether you want nitro finishes, poly, or anything else. My experience is that they sound amazing and play a little bit nicer, too.

Not that I’m trying to talk you into one, since the Core models are pretty fantastic in and of themselves. Just giving you a heads-up that it’s an option.

I found an '08 Mira with a W/T neck yesterday and planned on seeing it today, when the dealer sent me a note saying someone came in and bought it.
Someone did you a favor. If what you want is a McSoapy, the Mira is a different animal - and I do mean animal. More raw, and unapologetic. The Mira is AC/DC. The McSoapy is ZZ top.

Just find a McSoapy standard and have the neck thinned. Done. For me personally, I like the neck as it is, but people have different tastes.

Back