PRS Guitar Business Operation System/Process

I can relate to your research struggles. When I was diving into my own studies, I encountered a similar roadblock while trying to understand complex systems. It reminded me of when I was trying to grasp how does ERP work systems work within business operations.ERP, or Enterprise Resource Planning, is like the backbone of many businesses, helping streamline processes and optimize efficiency. Just like you're eager to explore PRS's operations, I was keen on understanding how ERP systems functioned within different industries.While factory tours might be off-limits for now, there are still plenty of ways to gather insights. Maybe reaching out to PRS enthusiasts or delving into online forums could offer a fresh perspective.

Hello Folks,

This is my first post and I'm currently a grad student at UC San Diego, studying Business Operations. I'm currently doing research in regards quality, capacity, and inventory that relates in Business Operation System. I decided to do further research with PRS because I do know Paul stands for it's quality. However, I do encounter some roadblocks for my research. I couldn't find more information how PRS produces the guitar from the start. Due to COVID and living in the West Coast, I'm really concerned to travel at this moment and on the top of that I can't go sign up for factory tour. I wish I can do the factory tour because I do want to understand how PRS is different than any big guitar companies like Fender, Gibson and so on, as well with stay competitive within the market (Suhr, James Tyler, and so on).

If someone here can chime in with their experiences for factory tour, that would be an awesome start. I'd like to gather some insights with others player as well and understand better how PRS deliver the best result/guitar in guitar manufacturing industry. I know there is a video of walkthrough of the factory tour, also how PRS makes their guitars. However, what I'm looking is to what degree the PRS operation aligned with its mission?

PRS Mission statement: Guitar building is an ongoing process of discovery. We are devoted to the guitar's rich heritage while committed to new technologies that will enrich our products with uncompromised tone, playability and beauty. Our success depends on our ability to listen, implement positive change and continually refine our craft. Believing this, we strive to build the best guitars and guitar products possible and to serve our employees, customers, suppliers and community with distinction.
I’d say that they have been perfectly loyal to all of that.

Back