PRS Gold Pick up Screws

DistortED

Hello Everyone,
I have a PRS 30th CU24 Artist with the Nickel / Gold combo hardware. I was wondering what is the best way to clean the gold screws from tarnishing on the pick ups ?

Thank you

Hello Everyone,
I have a PRS 30th CU24 Artist with the Nickel / Gold combo hardware. I was wondering what is the best way to clean the gold screws from tarnishing on the pick ups ?

Thank you

Gold is fairly inert and doesn't tarnish. However, the plating can wear. If the plating isn't worn, the best thing to do is just wipe with microfiber cloth, because polishes will eventually remove the plating.

If it's worn off, or partially worn, the material underneath can discolor but there isn't much that can be done unless you don't mind the plating wearing off.

The screws can always be replaced if they're looking grotty.

Gold is fairly inert and doesn't tarnish. However, the plating can wear. If the plating isn't worn, the best thing to do is just wipe with microfiber cloth, because polishes will eventually remove the plating.

If it's worn off, or partially worn, the material underneath can discolor but there isn't much that can be done unless you don't mind the plating wearing off.

The screws can always be replaced if they're looking grotty.

Thank you for the reply. Is there a way to shine them up ?

Back