PRS features, trends, and models you don't care for

90sMcCarty

Things I don't care for in PRS-land:

* bolt on necks
* pick guards
* single cutaway bodies
* maple necks
* that Mayer strat model

I guess my PRS tastes lean toward the classic, original, PRSs. I like Les Pauls fine, but nearly gag at the sight of a single cut PRS. And actual Strats are cool, even a Charvel model and many others, but the Mayer model just seems odd/wrong And pick guards... gross.

:)

Variety is good! I own some with bolt on necks, and maple necks, and each brings a different kind of goodness to the table. And I love my PRS singlecuts.
This isn't a debate, or a serious thread at all. Some people can't stand blue guitars...

Is there nothing about them that you aren't into? Me, for instance, I wouldn't even take a Tobacco Sunburst guitar for free. I'd ban that color if I were god of guitar land.

Every brand has models that do not work for me.
PRSs are DGTs, Santanas and 24 fretters. Other than that, I dig almost ALL of them!
:oops:

Aesthetics...I do not like the brush strokes, celtic knots, or hollow birds. Again, thats just my taste!
I LOVE Americana birds, and seem to be one of very few who do! :eek:

There are some things in the lineup that I, personally, don’t care for as much, but as a builder for a (much) broader range of musicians, I think PRS is doing an awesome job of offering things that we, collectively, need. I don’t think PRS expects each one of us to individually love every single model they make.

I will say that even in the examples of offerings that aren’t my “thing,” they’re still doing it as well as it can be done, and someone will love it.

No real 'trends' I dislike enough to be negative about.
Some things I'd prefer to see, but I'm hardly the demographic right now.

Sorry, I love my PRS Single cuts as well as my bolt ons, maple necks. 24 fretters, 22 fretters.................OK, dammit, I'm a fanboy who wants one of each and will gig with any of them! But I'm not an SS fan.

Not a huge fan of any of the shorter scale ones ( 24.5 , 594 ) THEY ARE Killer just don't really float my boat !!
Wide Thin / Pattern Thin necks also not my thing I've had some and they were great the others are just " More Better"

Back