PRS Event at Hard Rock Indy

mapleleaf14

Anybody going to the PRS/Drum Workshop/Guitar Center event at the Hard Rock in Indianpolis 7/25?

Davy Knowles is playing there.

Free if you register by 7/23, $10 at the door.

Supposedly gonna be a lot of gear there for sale thru Guitar Center.

Talking with woundtight about attending. There's talk of staying at Embassy Suites to avoid travel after the show, but I don't want to drive from STL and not see Salmon, Rainforest, Faded Raspberry. I will keep you dudes posted. I need some St. Elmo's. Schrumpphzzz.

Woundtight and I would both like to attend but scheduling is proving a severe pain. Looks like we will have to make Indy another time. We are pretty sad about it. Cheer us up with pictures of the event?!

Markie, get your shorts on and drive your butt over to Steve's so HE can drive to Indy tomorrow night. My boys will be with me and one of my old drummers...who also owns a PRS! So there will be a few of us representing the forums. But it ain't no party without Markie. :beer:

We had a blast! It was me with my two boys and Tobey, former bandmate (drummer) and PRS owner (as all drummers should be). Just before the event we met up with 11Top and his lovely wife (she really is :wub: ) for drinks then met up with the rest of his entourage at the Hard Rock.

There was a gear trailer outside and a small room inside with a variety of models, but I didn't see the S2 series. They claimed that the Starla on display was S2, but I'm skeptical. <_< There was supposed to be one in the trailer but I missed it. 11Top got a shot of me with the "S2" Starla. There was a McCarty with Starla pups that piqued my interest.

The entertainment was Davy Knowles backed up by a crack team including PRS president Jack Higgenbotham on keys. Great stuff. We stayed until they wore out and quit. :p Kinda like me in my band.

Great event, very classy and fun. Well done, PRS! B)

prsgearfest1.jpg

11Top: "You won't believe the top on this one!!" :lol:
prsgearfest2.jpg

Drew trying to identify Jack's 2nd keyboard...
prsgearfest3.jpg

prsgearfest4.jpg

prsgearfest5.jpg

prsgearfest6.jpg

Davy was sporting 2 PRS combos that I couldn't really fully identify. Someone said one was an H and the other was a Custom, which puts them both at 50W. It would be interesting to know exactly which they were because they sounded really good.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.

Last edited:
Back